Online Project Management Master
Online Master for project managers to achieve the skills on leading, planning and supervising global projects
Overview of the Master in Project Management
Current market dynamism and the companies that drive it give rise to an increasing need to manage multiple projects at once. As a result, at the Management level it is crucial to know the status of a company’s projects at all times, the scope of the projects the company is considering carrying out and the results of the projects that have been completed. The best way for businesses to do this is by ensuring the quality, skills and abilities of their Project Managers.
The Master in Project Management is designed to train students so that they obtain the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. These professionals should know how to lead, plan, organize and supervise complex and global projects, achieving set objectives in terms of results and efficiency.
OBS Business School, Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
OBS Business School has been evaluated and recognized as a R.E.P. by the PMI, the world’s largest project management member association. R.E.P.s are organizations that have been approved by PMI to help project managers achieve and maintain the PMP certification, as well as other PMI's professional credentials. These organizations have met PMI’s rigorous quality criteria for course content, instructor qualification, and instructional design.
PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of Project Management Institute, Inc.
Professional career outlets Master in Strategic Project Management
- Project Director
- Program Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Program Management Office (PMO)
- Project Leader
- Manage complex projects efficiently and effectivel
- Lead teams through developing leadership skills and techniques for managing human and material resources
- Align the current needs of companies in project management with education in best market practices
- Start your preparation for the PMP certification from the PMI, with the help and expertise of our team of teachers, who hold the PMP certification.
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Syllabus of the Master's Degree in Project Management
All of the subjects which are defined in the text, A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide) from the Project Management Institute (PMI), will be analysed during the course, as well as other subjects essential in order to guarantee the competent development of the student as a project manager.
Strategic Project and Business Management
- The company and company policy.
- Culture and organizational styles.
- Project management and the company.
- Organizational change projects.
- Project feasibility and profitability study.
- Areas of expertise in project management.
- Organizational structures in projects.
Project Management Framework
- The overall standard of the PMBOK® Guide
- Project concepts, project management and operations management.
- Project life cycle and how the organization influences projects.
- Project management processes.
- Project management methodologies.
Project Scope Management
- What is project scope management?
- Gathering requirements.
- Defining the project scope.
- Creating a work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Verification and monitoring of project scope.
Project Schedule Management
- Introduction and overview.
- Identification and definition of schedule activities.
- Sequencing of schedule activities.
- Estimating the resource requirements for the activities.
- Estimating the duration of activities.
- Schedule development.
- Monitoring and controlling due dates. Monitoring the schedule.
- Software tools: MS Project. Practical exercises.
Project Cost Management
- Estimating costs.
- Preparation and approval of the project budget.
- Cost control.
- Main factors that can cause cost management fail.
Project Quality Management
- Quality planning, assurance and control.
- Quality standards applicable to projects.
- Products and/or service quality. The project’s quality plan.
- Tools and techniques for improving the process quality.
Project Risk Management
- The PMI's project risk management methodology.
- Equipment, schedule and cost required for risk management.
- Principal risk identification techniques.
- Principal qualitative and quantitative risk analysis techniques.
- Contingency reserves and project management reserves. Budget and control.
- Software tools for risk management.
- Keys to effective project risk management.
- Financial Plan.
- Capital needs.
- Financial model.
- Financial analysis and reporting.
- Project feasibility and risk analysis.
Program Management and Project Portfolio
- Project program management
- Project portfolio management
- OPM3® standard
- Case studies.
The Human Factor: Human Resources Management, Ethics and the Project Manager
- Human Resource Planning. Recruitment and development.
- Management and leading the project team
- Personal skills: Project Manager management skills and techniques
- Social and environmental responsibility
- Professional ethics
Communication Management and the Stakeholders
- Identification of project stakeholders
- Planning project communications
- Collection, compilation and distribution of project information
- Managing expectations of the project stakeholders
Procurement Management and Legal Aspects
- Methodology procurement management.
- Procurement planning, implementation and administration.
- Contract completion.
- Supplement on contractual strategies.
- Contractual strategies or typologies according to their scope, organization, price and allocation system.
- Consulting and project management support contracts.
- Contracts between private parties, public and international procurement.
- Contract of sale.
- Lease agreement.
- Significant contract-related legal concepts.
Project Sales Management
- The project as a product to sell
- The project sale process
- Types of deals and contracts
- Tender preparation and content
- Strategic sales methodology
Integration and Knowledge Management
- Initiation and planning processes
- Execution, control, closing and support processes
- Knowledge management
- Trends in project management
Innovative Methodologies and Industry Standards in Project Management
- Agile techniques.
- Certification PRINCE2
- IPMA approach to project management
- Project management adaption methodologies for specific sectors: construction, oil and gas, software development, maturity models, IPMA competency model for sectors.
- Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) and Tools.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification Preparation: Initiation
- Project Management Game.
One of the objectives of the Master in Project Management is to prepare participants to take and pass the PMP certification exam from the PMI.
Final master’s degree project that requires students to complete a project as a means to implement the knowledge acquired throughout the program.
Tool presentation webinars
The Master of Project Management offers a wide and open vision of project management, training students in project management methodology regardless of the specific tools that will be used. However, the program includes presentations in the form of webinars of some tools like Microsoft Project and Palisade, not only to increase your knowledge but also to evaluate the tools’ potential and discuss possibilities for improving both the application itself and its use in business contexts with the software representatives.
During the course students will have the opportunity to become experts in the following software tools: Microsoft’s MS Project and Palisade’s @Risk. Students are required to know and have MS Excel.
PMP, PMBOK and OPM3 are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Requirements of the Master in Project Management
It is necessary to have a university degree and work experience to be accepted into the programme. Work experience is most valued because it is important to share in the knowledge – gained from training and professional responsibility – which each participant contributes to the particular situations set out by the professor. In the event that someone does not have the abovementioned requirements, acceptance into the programme will be decided on by the Board.
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree for four years or Bachelor’s Degree for three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed the different evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Programme Director Master in Project Management in English
- Director Ejecutivo de Organización y Sistemas. Grupo Miquel Alimentación.
- MBA. Especialidad Dir. Operaciones. ESADE. Barcelona.
- Master E-Business. La Salle. URL. Barcelona.
- Ingeniero de Telecomunicación. UPC. Barcelona
Claustro de Profesores
Carles Adell Martínez
- PMP® - PMI®
- MPM. OBS/UB
- Certificado Scrum Master
- Jefe de Proyectos y Mantenimiento Operaciones. Bodegas Familia Torres.
- Master en Ingeniería de mantenimiento.
- Técnico Superior en Sistemas Automáticos y Programa bles.
- Técnico Superior en Instalaciones y Líneas Eléctricas.
Marta Álvarez Manero
- Managing partner de Think it Project
- Consultor y docente en Project Management.
- Consultor PMO en Etooltech Innovation.
- Doctor Ingeniero de Telecomunicación, UPC, Barcelona
Juan Claudio Guarnuccio
- PMP – PMI
- MPM. OBS/UB (Universidad de Barcelona). Barcelona.
- Socio y Vicepresidente ejecutivo de SP Consultores, S.A. Argentina.
- Consultor externo The Louis Berger Group Inc. para Latinoamérica y Caribe.
- Contador Público. UBA (Universidad de Buenos Aires). Argentina.
Marisa Andrea Lostumbo
- Project Management Consultant and Trainer en GoFlow
- Project Management. Formación en procesos y procedimientos de gestión y dirección de proyectos.
- Asesoramiento certificaciones y acreditaciones.
- IT Service/Project Manager
- Más de 15 años de experiencia liderando transformaciones empresariales y mejora continua centradas en el cliente
- Certificada PMP, ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, Lean IT
- MBA (UCAB) y Maestría en Gerencia (UIPR)
- Ingeniero de Computación (USB)
Antoni Miranda Llopis
PMP® - PMI®
Más de 20 años de experiencia en asesoramiento en proyectos de arquitectura, construcción y mantenimiento.
Arquitecto Superior. ETSAV. Barcelona.
Victor Ruiz Ezpeleta
Miguel Saiz García
- PMP - PMI
- Programme Director, Global Innovation. Rexam plc, Ball Corporation
- EMBA. Nottingham University Business School.
- PhD in Operations Management. Cranfield University
- Exec MBA, University of Nottingham, Business School, UK
- BSc, MSc in Mechanical / Production Engineering. National Technical University of Athens.
- PhD. Computer Science Lecturer at Kean University. Greater New York City Area
- Project Procurement and legal aspects of contract management.
- PhD. Lecturer in Management. Lancaster University. UK
- Senior Lecturer. Queensland University of Technology. Australia
- Senior Lecturer Business Systems and Operations. University of Northampton. UK
- Project Quality Management
- Dedicación60 ECTS
- InicioJunio 2018
- Duración10 meses
- Precio8.900 €
Idioma de Impartición
- Bilingüe (Castellano/Inglés)