Online Project Management Master
Online Master for project managers to achieve the skills on leading, planning and supervising global projects
Overview of the Master in Project Management
Current market dynamism and the companies that drive it give rise to an increasing need to manage multiple projects at once. As a result, at the Management level it is crucial to know the status of a company’s projects at all times, the scope of the projects the company is considering carrying out and the results of the projects that have been completed. The best way for businesses to do this is by ensuring the quality, skills and abilities of their Project Managers.
The Master in Project Management is designed to prepare professionals for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. These professionals know how to lead, plan, organize and supervise complex and global projects, achieving set objectives in terms of results and efficiency.
OBS Business School, Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) by the Project Management Institute (PMI)
OBS Business School has been evaluated and recognized as a R.E.P. by the PMI, the world’s largest project management member association. R.E.P.'s are organizations that have been reviewed and aproved as providers of project management trainning by the PMI to help project managers achieve and maintain their PMP certification, as well as other PMI's professional credentials. These organizations have met PMI’s rigorous quality criteria for course content, instructor qualification, and instructional design.
PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered trademark of Project Management Institute, Inc.
Professional career outlets Master in Strategic Project Management
- Project Director
- Program Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Program Management Office (PMO)
- Project Leader
- Manage complex projects efficiently and effectively
- Lead teams through developing leadership skills and techniques for managing human and material resources
- Start your preparation for the PMP certification exam from the PMI, with the help and expertise of our team of teachers, that hold the PMP certification, who will provide you with the credits needed to register
- Gain knowledge which is practical, up to date and fully applicable to the reality of the needs of organizations in project management
- Contact an international team of teachers who currently hold leadership positions in companies that are engaged in the management of projects in different sectors
PMP is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Syllabus of the Master's Degree in Project Management
The structure and duration of the Master in Project Management allows us to ensure the achievement of the above objectives.
Globalization, the appearance of new competitors, the rapid changes of business strategies and other factors, make Project Managers, in addition to having to have a very extensive knowledge in project management, also have to have highly developed their personal and of performance.
Strategic direction of projects.
The implementation of business strategies is done through project management. Specifically, through the management of programs and portfolios, and with the help of governance mechanisms ('Project Governance') and PMO structures ('Project Management Office'). But first it is necessary to understand some fundamental concepts such as: company, strategy, strategic planning, management styles, structures and organizations.
Project scope management. Management of project planning.
Project scope management
Fulfilling the objective of the project is the first test of effectiveness of the project management, and it is clear that this test is prior to the evaluation of compliance with the approved cost schedules and budgets, since it is useless to have executed the project in time and according to the budget if the objective for which it was initiated has not been achieved. This is the main reason why a project is declared unsuccessful.
Project planning management
It presents a comprehensive and current view of the processes for time management or term, or also called project planning processes. Managing time in a project is not a trivial process, is one of the focuses of special attention by project managers, so a correct estimate of the activities of the schedule (their durations, resources needed, deliverables, monitoring and control) they will be key elements in the achievement of the objectives and goals of the project.
Project cost management. Financing of projects.
Project cost management
Cost management, together with the management of scope and time, are part of the basic pillars in project management. Especially the information related to the costs is always very sensitive for the governing bodies of the project, with which in addition to making a correct estimate of it, it will be necessary to have a very strict control and monitoring to guarantee the success of the project.
The financial management of a project focuses on the economic aspects (eg, income and costs) and on the "cost of capital", that is, on obtaining funds and on the effectiveness of their use. This scope determines different activities that take place before the start of the project, during its development (planning and execution) and later in its completion, and at different levels within the organization.
A project manager must be able to know and understand the language, structure and processes that take place in the financial management of projects; to lead this management and / or collaborate with the financial managers in their development, both at the project level and at the organization level.
Project quality management. Management of project risks.
Project quality management
In this subject, in addition to trying to clarify what we should understand by "Quality", we will make a practical presentation of the "Quality Management" in all aspects of the project, from planning, through execution and finalizing in monitoring and control. The current management systems and the basic principles of Total Quality Management will be studied to analyze various current models, including the EFQM and the ISO standards. The differences between the implementation of a Quality Management System in an organization and the development of the corresponding Quality Manual will be identified, determining their differences regarding the preparation of a Quality Plan aimed at project management.
Project risk management
It offers a very broad and detailed view of the current "state of the art" of the professional in charge of managing the risks of a project, and therefore the student will be provided with the learning for the performance of both their activity and 'Project Manager', as the 'Responsible for Project Risks'. Specifically, the course will provide adequate guidance and sufficient resources to address the risk management of any project that the student has to address, so that it can deal with the proper management of threats and opportunities that could introduce oneself.
The course includes specific sessions dedicated to quantitative risk analysis with the Palisade @RISK tool. It is an application that allows risk simulation in Microsoft Excel or Microsoft Project through modeling by Monte Carlo.
The human factor in projects. Change management in projects.
The human factor in projects
People are a key part of project management. In this subject you will learn what is related to the management of project teams, the interpersonal skills and the leadership that a good project manager should have, as well as the main techniques of conflict resolution. You will know the code of ethics and professional conduct and its application in our profession.
Change management in projects
In every project, a change of state must be managed (since it goes from an initial situation to a different end), since most of the projects fail due to mismanagement of that change. While project management focuses on tasks, activities, scope and deliverables; change management is responsible for directing people to change their behavior to reach the 'new state'. That is, the 'Project Manager' focuses on the what, when and how much; while the 'Change Manager' in the why, who, where and how.
Management of acquisitions, contracting and legal aspects in projects. Management of the sale of the project.
Management of acquisitions, contracting and legal aspects in projects
This subject will give the student the ability to develop the most correct contractual strategy in each project, as well as to evaluate the most suitable types of contracts for each deliverable of the project and prepare the corresponding bidding documents. It will also acquire skills to be able to raise and carry out negotiations, and not only will it come to understand the structure of the contracts and the importance of each of them, but it will also learn to communicate with the legal services that will provide protection for the projects.
Management of the sale of the project
If we do not succeed in managing the sale of the project, the project will not even begin. In this subject you will learn to know that it is essential to make a good offer, a good definition of the scope of the project, along with the rest of its aspects, so that our subsequent management has options to be successful.
Throughout this module, it will be analyzed in which environment offers are developed, how to maximize their effectiveness, how to increase the sale options of the project, (always maintaining a solid base for its execution), the figure of the buyer and the negotiation aspects and strategic sale.
You will learn to use contracts as risk management, transfer and mitigation tools, as well as to perceive the importance of following the contract as a mechanism to avoid and resolve conflicts, all focused on meeting project objectives for which contracts mark the rules of the game to be followed by the intervening agents.
Management of the integration and knowledge of the project. Traditional methodologies
Management of project integration and knowledge
Project integration management consists of processes and activities to identify, define, combine and coordinate project management activities, as well as project phases. It also includes integrating actions for the unification, consolidation and coordination necessary to complete the project and manage the requirements and expectations of the interested parties or stakeholders. In other words, it is the glue that unites the different parts of the project and turns them into a solid whole.
Knowledge management in projects is a discipline whose definition emerged in the corporate world and its objective seems simple: capture, evaluate, distribute and share the knowledge generated in organizations through project management.
This subject analyzes traditional methodologies for the management of projects aligned with the PMBoK® Guide.
Both methodologies of a general nature and independent of the application sector will be studied, as well as those customized for a specific sector. Alternatives will also be learned to choose the most suitable Project Management approach for each project, depending on the circumstances of the project, its complexity and those involved in it.
Agile methodologies: a change of mentality
This subject presents another way of managing projects and high-performance equipment products, comparing them with traditional methodologies such as the one developed in the PMBOK® Guide.
The application of Agile Methodologies requires a major change of mentality. To address them, it is necessary to know the fundamental concepts of this type of management and the differences they have with traditional process management, as well as the techniques and tools that are used.
Application of agile methodologies.
In this course you will learn to choose the most suitable project management approach for each project, having understood the need for the methodology based on innovative products, how they are managed and monitored, what roles are involved and how they are managed the high performance equipment that is required.
Advanced project management
In this module, a step towards the management of non-conventional projects will be carried out with the aim of giving the student more impetus in their learning process.
Workshop: Advanced project planning course: MS Project
The Microsoft Project Professional version application allows the planning, programming and control of projects, and is a de facto standard of the industry. In this workshop and through explanatory videos, exercises and debates, the student can acquire advanced knowledge in the management of project planning through the use of this tool.
Workshop: Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) and Tools.
This workshop is aimed at the acquisition of skills for the analysis, selection and application of PMIS solutions (Clarity PPM, Planning IT, Cardinis, EnterpriseTrack, Power Steering, etc.) and tools (Redmine, Remember The Milk, TeamViewer, etc.) ; and thus make the daily life of the Project Manager easier. It also explains how to work with Gartner's Magic Quadrant.
Workshop: Project Management Simulation. Simultrain
The STS SimulTrain project simulation tool (https://sts.ch/en) provides simulation of calls, receiving emails and voice messages to create a realistic project management environment, through which attendees This workshop can put into practice procedures, tools, and fundamental techniques of project management learned throughout the Master.
Workshop: Preparation for PMI-PMP certification: Initiation.
Currently Project Management Professional certification (PMI-PMP®) is considered fundamental in the professional development of specialists from different disciplines in various industries and is increasingly required in the labor market of project management.
The program of this workshop is structured in three areas: registration, knowledge areas / groups of processes and practices.
Registration request to the PMI:
Teach the application process, through guides and examples, of how the participants should prepare the documentation requested by the PMI.
Knowledge Areas / Processes:
It covers the areas of the PMBOK® Guide emphasizing key aspects of certification.
Multiple choice exercises will be carried out similar to those of the formal exam, with the possibility of self-evaluation through one of the best simulators in the market (X-AM of the company STS).
Workshop: Preparation for the PMI-ACP certification. Initiation.
The objectives of this workshop is to guide the preparation of the PMI Agile Certified Practitioner certification (PMI-ACP®).
The program is structured in three areas: registration, theoretical guide and practical guide.
1. Registration process to the PMI:
Using a guide and several examples, we explain the process of preparing the necessary documentation requested by PMI in order to apply for the ACP certification exam.
2. Theoretical Guide:
Guide for reading the bibliography required for the exam.
3. Practical Guide:
Guided practice that allows the understanding of the scenarios and application of the techniques studied, thus completing the training hours required by the PMI.
The main objective is to carry out a project that allows students to apply the groups of processes learned throughout the program, while achieving a specialization in the management of a specific project. It focuses on applying the best practices of different industries, understanding their benefits and exercising management skills that every Project Manager should have.
The Masters in Project Management is complemented with lectures and seminars which will be held in each of the blocks. These additional activities are performed by renowned professionals in the project management field who, through videoconferencing, will introduce students to their experiences and case studies.
- Case studies: The practical component of the program is essential and complements the theoretical training. Therefore, during the course discussions are held of topics of current or particular interest in each of the subjects, simulations of decision-making applied to real situations or to resolve practical cases where problems and their proposed solutions are analyzed from an academic point of view, as well as the criteria taken into account to carry them out.
- Webinars: Additionally, in each of the subjects synchronous sessions or 'webinars' are organized, in sessions in which all participants are connected at the same time through a program allowing the exchange of knowledge in' real time '.
- Software tools: The Masters in Project Management offers a broad and open vision of project management, training students to be experts in project management methodology to ensure successful implementation. To achieve this goal it is essential to support training through professional software tools that allow students to better understand the concepts and also to know some important and useful tools that surely they will have the opportunity to use in their professional environment
- Simulation tools: During the course it will be delivered powerful simulators tools:SimulTrain and X-AM.
- PMI: Students membership: Thanks to an agreement between OBS and the PMI, at the beginning of the course all students are enrolled as "student members” of the PMI.
Requirements of the Master's Degree in Project Management
It is necessary to have a university degree and work experience to be accepted into the programme. Work experience is most valued because it is important to share in the knowledge – gained from training and professional responsibility – which each participant contributes to the particular situations set out by the professor. In the event that someone does not have the abovementioned requirements, acceptance into the programme will be decided on by the Board.
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree for four years or Bachelor’s Degree for three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed the different evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Programme Director Master in Project Management in English
Joan Torres Moreno
- Director Ejecutivo de Organización y Sistemas. GM Food Ibérica.
- MBA. Especialidad Dir. Operaciones. ESADE. Barcelona.
- Master E-Business. La Salle. URL. Barcelona.
- Ingeniero de Telecomunicación. UPC. Barcelona
Claustro de Profesores
José Rafel Alcalá Gómez
PMP® - PMI®
HCMBoK Certified Professional, Human Change Management Institute
Professional Scrum Master. Scrum Master Foundations. Consultor de Dirección de Proyectos y TI
ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management. MBA. Universidad Metropolitana. Venezuela
Ingeniero de Sistemas. Politécnico Santiago Mariño.Venezuela.
Joaquin de Azcárraga
- PMP – PMI & PMI –ACP
- Agile Project Manager. Evergreen Project Management Services.
- Licenciado en Ciencias Físicas. Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
- Managing partner de Think it Project
- Consultor y docente en Project Management.
- Consultor PMO en Etooltech Innovation.
- Doctor Ingeniero de Telecomunicación, UPC, Barcelona
- PMP – PMI
- Miembro de la Junta de PMI Madrid Chapter. España
- Partner Fundador de PMPeople. Consultoría, formación y herramientas de Project Management.
- Más de 15 años de experiencia profesional en Project Management e IT Consulting.
- Ingeniero de Telecomunicaciones. UPM. Spain
Ana Victoria Bardoneschi
- Certified Scrum Master - Scrum Alliance. USA
- Certified Product Owner - Scrum Alliance. USA
- Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner (CS@SP) - Scrum Inc. USA
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) - Scrum Alliance. USA
- Directora de Consultora BK® – Uruguay/Argentina
- Coach Agile, Agente de Salud Mental y Analista de Sistemas. Docente in company para la formación de equipos de desarrollo y equipos de alta performance.
- TEPSA (Terminales Portuarias) Responsable Cta.Resultados, Seguridad, Salud, Medioambiente, personal y actividad comercial.
- IESE Business School - University of Navarra - PDD, Executive program
- PMP – PMI
- PMO de la gerencia de Tecnología de la Información en Standard Bank. Argentina.
- Master en Ingeniería de Software. UNLP. Argentina.
- Posgrado en Project Management. UB. Argentina.
- Licenciado en Sistemas de Información. UM. Argentina.
- Agile Certified Practitioner. PMI-ACP.
- Certified Scrum Master. Scrum Alliance. USA
- Postgrado en Project Management. Universidad Belgrado. Argentina.
- Socia Fundadora Consultora BK. Uruguay/Argentina.
- Licenciada en Psicología. UBA. Universidad Buenos Aires. Argentina.
Marisa Andrea Lostumbo
- Project Management Consultant and Trainer en GoFlow
- Project Management. Formación en procesos y procedimientos de gestión y dirección de proyectos.
- Asesoramiento certificaciones y acreditaciones.
David López González
- PMP® - PMI®
- MPM OBS/UB
- Experto en gestión de proyectos internacionales de investigación en entornos clínicos.
- PhD en Ciencias Biológicas. Univ. de Málaga. Ciencias Biológicas. Univ. de Málaga.
- Service Manager
- Maestría en Gerencia. Universidad Interamericana de Puerto Rico, Puerto Rico
- Maestría en Administración de Empresas mención Marketing y Finanzas.
- Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Venezuela
- MBA, MM, PMP, Itil, Cobit
Victor Ruiz Ezpeleta
- PMP - PMI
- Director obras civiles e infraestructuras. ADU. Barcelona
- PDD. IESE. Barcelona.
- Ingeniero Caminos, Canales y Puertos. ETSECCPB. UPC
- PMP - PMI
- Programme Director, Global Innovation. Rexam plc, Ball Corporation
- EMBA. Nottingham University Business School.
- PhD in Operations Management. Cranfield University
- Exec MBA, University of Nottingham, Business School, UK
- BSc, MSc in Mechanical / Production Engineering. National Technical University of Athens.
- Dedicación60 ECTS
- InicioFebruary 2019
- Duración10 months
- Precio8.900 €
Idioma de Impartición
- Bilingüe (Castellano/Inglés)