Master in International Business Management
Promoting the use of information technologies, addressing the expansion of operations and changing corporate culture are all essential
The Master in International Business Management is modular in structure thanks to the International Business Management Module and the International Trade Management Module.
Globalisation has given rise to increasingly more segmented and competitive markets, so the internationalisation of companies and their establishment in foreign markets is key when expanding a business. Promoting the use of information technologies, addressing the expansion of operations and changing
corporate culture are all essential.
The International Business Management module trains professionals with an international outlook, who know how to manage companies on the road to internationalisation or who already operate abroad. These professionals must master the financial, strategic and management environments which contribute to building international businesses.
The International Trade Management module, in turn, is designed for professionals with an international vocation, who know how to manage a sales department and who want to know the implications of a strategy in a global environment. It is for people proficient in business management who know about the opportunities that can be created with an international sales strategy.
The programme is designed to equip participants with the skills and knowledge needed to successfully face the changes that occur throughout the internationalisation of businesses and efficient strategic management, and also face the international commercial management of businesses with different opportunities offered by the changing environment. It also aims to increase the competitiveness and international employability of participants.
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Critically analyse and evaluate complex issues in a globalised, dynamic and changing business environment.
- Describe the relevant economic and financial indicators, and business models for decision making.
- Appreciate the intercultural complexities of international management and manage institutional agreements ethically.
- Recognise the needs of international customers and develop global marketing strategies.
- Apply the knowledge needed to succeed as a global entrepreneur and the know-how to develop new businesses in international contexts.
- Plan growth strategies for international businesses.
- Describe the tools of economic analysis and identify the challenges and opportunities of globalisation.
- Use knowledge of new technologies and information systems for international trade and the management of international operations.
- Develop sales negotiation skills and techniques at an international level.
- Identify the different variables that influence the creation of commercial networks and the impact of logistics as a resource for business.
- Manage the tax consequences of an international organisation's business operations.
Syllabus of the Master in International Business
International Business Management
International Integration and Economic Environment
- International integration
- Regional economic integration processes
- Macroeconomic indicators
- Regulatory environment
- Environmental factors
International Business Management and Innovation
- Principles of the strategy
- Strategic innovative management
- Internal and external analysis
- Functional, competitive and corporate strategies
- International strategies
- Organisational structure
- Internationalisation of the company
- Making decisions when entering international markets
- Entry strategies for international markets
- Global marketing programme
- Implementation and coordination of the global marketing plan
International Financial Management
- Introduction to the international financial system
- Currency markets
- Country risk
- Access to financing in international markets
- The cultural dimension of international management
- Management of cultural diversity
- Intercultural communication
- Leadership in the global context
- Ethical dilemmas in global management
International Trade Management
Global E-Business Strategies
- The internet in businesses and the new consumer
- Business models
- E-business considerations
- Technical aspects e-businesses
- Business strategy
- Trends and opportunities in the global environment (Europe, Asia, Latin America, Africa, etc.)
- Management of business innovation and information systems
- Business angels and venture capital companies
- Social entrepreneurship
International Trade Management
- International recruitment
- International transport
- International shipping insurance for goods
- Main international trade documents
Global Supply Chain Management
- Stock management, planning systems and operation control
- Supply chain management
- The integration of purchases – production – distribution
- Competition between networks and the integration of operations
International Trade Negotiations
- Negotiation in the commercial sphere
- Preparing to negotiate
- The sales negotiation process and techniques
- Negotiation at international level
International Business Simulation
- Trading with
The Trading with workshops cover specific aspects of how to do business and providing services in several regions worldwide. They will focus on the economic and cultural peculiarities of each society, their cultures and subcultures and their influence on trade relations. The workshops will also cover issues related to business protocols and etiquette, as well as discuss how to do business in those regions. Specific topics covered are regional trading blocs, the advantages and challenges of doing business in such countries, guidance for investors and entrepreneurs, case studies, etc. The workshops will be conducted in Spanish or English.
Application process and certification Master in International Business in English
The fundamental goal of our application process is to ensure the suitability of candidates. All participants must get the most out of this learning experience via a context in which it is possible to develop a long-term relationship with classmates, teachers and alumni.
What are the stages of the application process?
STEP 1: The candidate must meet our application prerequisites.
STEP 2: If the candidate profile fulfils these, a telephone interview with a member of the Application Department will be conducted.
STEP 3: Having passed the interview, the candidate must submit the required documentation to start the application process, including a letter of motivation.
Beforehand the candidate will have to complete the application form, which will collect information and documentation supporting his/her academic and professional profile: Curriculum vitae, letter of reference/recommendation, academic degree and language accreditation certificate if necessary.
STEP 4: With this documentation and the report from the Application Advisor, the Application Committee shall examines the candidate's record and certify that he/she meets the profile to complete the Master’s.
STEP 5: The Application Advisor will inform the candidate of the decision made by the Application Committee, which will enable the candidate to enrol in the programme if positive.
People who successfully complete the programme will earn a Master’s from OBS Business School also, participants who meet the academic requirements set for universities will obtain the Master’s from the University of Barcelona.
Programme Director Master in International Business in English
- Senior Lecturer at Northampton Business School
- Consultant, World Bank, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
- General Business Manager, the Global Group
- Delegado del condado Northamptonshire
- Guardián Fideicomisario de Scott Bader
- Autor del libro "Strategy in Practice"
Claustro de Profesores
- Professor of International Economics & Business, School of Economics Shanghai University
- PhD in Economics & MBA
Miguel Charneco Garrido
- Executive Member Eurocham Vietnam
- Director de Recursos Humanos y Organización Comercial del GRUPO PIAGGIO.
- Miembro de la Junta Directiva de Mutua Intercomarcal, Fundación San Vicenç y Unión Patronal Metalúrgica.
- Licenciado en Derecho y Diplomado en Relaciones Laborales por la UCM.
- MBA, MS Abad Oliva CEU University
- Senior Executive at Roland DG Corporation – Japan
- Professor of Operations Strategy, University Management School Tokyo
Jose Luis Ruiz de Munain
- International MBA (in English), strong interest in CSR and Social Entrepreneurship. IE Business School
- Economics, Development. University of Lausanne.
- Economics, strong interest in Corporate Social Responsibility. University of Navarra
- Director de Inversiones de Allianz Popular
- Miembro del comité de inversiones de Popular Banca Privada
- Doctor en Economía por la Universidad San Pablo-CEU
- Executive MBA por IESE
- Licenciado en Economía por la UAM
- Licenciado en ADE por la Universidad San Pablo-CEU
- Professor in the Innovation and Management Department, St Petersburg State Electrotechnical University
- PhD in Economics & Finance
Santiago Tintoré Codina
- Sales Development Manager. Grupo Danone
- Licenciatura y MBA en Administración y Dirección de Empresas. ESADE
- Dedicación60 ECTS
- InicioNovember 2018
- Duración10 months
- Precio6.500 €
- Idioma de ImparticiónEnglish