Online Master’s Degree in systems strategy and ICT management
Introduction to the Master’s Degree in Systems Management
In recent years, the internet has become the fundamental platform for developing new technological solutions and achieving business progress, thus offering innovation opportunities and productivity improvements to companies.
The Master’s Degree in Systems Management, teached in Spanish, provides you with the theoretical and practical knowledge to deliver better managerial performance. The program is especially focused on defining a good systems strategy as a method of managerial alignment. You will also work on resource planning, information management methodologies, operational processes, as well as the management of projects and services. Throughout the whole program, technological innovation and its effects on improving the productivity and competitiveness of companies will be constantly assessed.
Cutting-edge companies of this millennium have information exploitation at the centre of their business model as the main source for generate income and making decisions. This new paradigm can be exported and scaled to all corporate fields, and is indispensable for companies of the future. Therefore, one of the main pillars of the Master’s Degree in Systems Management is the management of new information technologies (ICT management).
With its main objective being to prepare new directors for contributing to the improvement of productivity and competitiveness at their companies, the postgraduate degree in Systems Management also contrasts methodologies and standards (i.e. ISO, CobiT, ITIL), putting in practice the concepts of risk measurement, controls over business processes, dashboards, IT governance and regulations compliance.
Top 200 - Global Ranking Ranked N 30 in Information Systems Management, Worldwide
- CIO – Chief Information Officer
- Process analyst
- Applications development management
- Consultant specialising in ICT projects management
- Consultant/Technological advisor
- ICT strategy specialist
- Regulating organisations and public administration
- Information Technologies Management
- Management of production and exportation
- Management of shared services
- Management of a Project Management Office (PMO)
Aims of the Master’s Degree in Systems Management
- Running, with an integral vision, the management of IT processes in business and administration environments, being able to identify the keys to success in projects, and contributing to a company’s strategy using Systems Management
- Knowing how to optimise operational management flows through considering, selecting and implementing computerised processes
- Understanding how to be ethically and socially responsibly when managing IT processes governance, IT risks and regulations compliance
- Being aware of the most suitable tools, methodologies and services for project management
- Understanding and having a holistic vision of new technologies, as well as their pragmatic applicability to business processes and commercial activities
Syllabus of the Master’s Degree in Systems Management
The programme has a duration of 12 months,it is divided into 10 modules and a final project is developed throughout the master’s course.
The CIO role
The experiences and interaction with digital information in companies and society are the result of a delicate process of knowledge and encompassing of the strategic goals carefully synthesised in a network of technological resources.
Digital transformation, the strategy as an ICT function
Digital transformation is the reinvention of value chains in an organization through the use of digital technology. There are different forms, models and processes to improve the way in which the organization performs this transformation. In this module, we will see the process of developing a transformation plan, from market analysis, through business models and transformation processes.
Technology and Innovation
The life of information technologies is, by definition, evolutionary. The heart of technological services is modular and imperative for the needs of their users. Innovation is the process that links technology with functionality.
This module is evidence of the need to maximally automate the operations management in charge of organisational information; implemented resources are dynamic and therefore require care to maximise their productive efficiency and efficacy.
Information Systems Projects
The main features of the start, outcome and end — by which projects are characterised — is the preferred mechanism for adapting the technological basis of an organisation to the new needs of the business. Prioritisation and execution management of projects is an art that combines placement strategy, resources administration and acceptance by users and interested parties.
Organisation and IT Department
Good IT team management will inspire the total commitment of people to the strategy and development of solutions for the business. Only with a carefully managed professional development may knowledge be adjusted to the needs of the company in an area where technological speed and evolution surpass other sectors. The management of the technical team and services staff is key for effective administration of the information systems department.
Data Management, BI and Big Data
In the new digital world, consumption of information is exponential. Even more so, the creation and exchange of new information by users is constant. If we add to this recipe the generation of interpretative and contextual information, we find ourselves in a situation of infinite crossing of information. In this module we will analyse the exploitation of this information to provide support to the strategic objectives of organisations.
IT Governance, Risk Management and Regulations Compliance (GRC)
How is technological risk measured? What are the main vulnerabilities of information security? What is the map of corporate risks? How are governance processes structured? How is a regulations compliance programme organised? This and other similar questions are analysed in this module with the purpose of acquiring a consolidated view of organisational control needs.
Cybersecurity - Strategy, Standards and Indicators
Cybersecurity is the sustenance of "confidence" for increasingly digital companies. In this module we will know the best techniques to position Cybersecurity in organizational structures. Know the different organizational models that can be applied in real business environments as well as their dependencies and main advantages and incompatibilities.
Hiring Management and Legal Affairs
Procurement and provision of IT assets and services has undergone a dramatic transformation in recent years; their virtualisation and globalisation has redefined traditional relationships and legal concepts. Similarly, the technological orientation, both of organisations and people, as well as of commerce and consumption, generates risks related to fundamental rights and the rights over the estate. In this respect, systems directors must be bound by codes of conduct and certain regulations in line with the code of laws, therefore guaranteeing regulations compliance.
Digital Transformation Workshop
This workshop aims to put into practice the concepts of strategic alignment, using as a guide the concepts and models of digital transformation. The workshop on digital transformation proposes an exchange of concepts and ideas with the aim of transforming a productive channel into a company or administration.
Exam preparation for the Cobit5 Fundamentals Workshop
COBIT 5 is the only business framework for the governance and management of business IT. COBIT 5 helps maximize the value of information by incorporating the latest advances in government and business administration techniques and provides principles, practices, analytical tools and globally accepted models to increase the confidence and value of information systems.
Final Master’s Degree Project: Technological Innovation Project for a Corporate Process
For the final master’s degree project, you will expand upon an innovative idea through which, by “using information technologies”, you will provide proof of improvements in “competitiveness” and “productivity” over an existing business process. The project will allow you to apply the knowledge acquired throughout the master’s degree to a familiar business process and demonstrate the transformational value that appropriate resource management, along with the alignment of business goals, may have on today’s companies.
- Talks, seminars and workshops
The Master’s Degree in Systems and Information Technologies Management is completed by talks, seminars and workshops that are included in each module. These seminars are delivered by renowned professionals from the financial sector who, by means of videoconferences, share their experience and practical cases with the students.
- Simulations and practical cases
The programme contains a large theoretical component that is strengthened with simulations and practical cases so that you can make decisions in an environment where competitors, regulators or people of different profiles are involved.
Therefore, during the course, discussions about current and interesting affairs will be organised as part of each of the subjects, as well as simulations of decision-making applied to real situations, along with the preparation of practical cases that will analyse, from an academic perspective, the issues provided and their proposed solutions, as well as the criteria taken into account for their execution.
Requirements of the Master’s Degree in Systems Management
The main aim of our admissions process is to ensure that the candidates are ideal for the course. All the students must be able to take the maximum value out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop lasting connections with fellow students, teachers and the alumni.
These are the stages of the admissions process:
1. Prerequisites for admission
3. Personal interview
4. Cover letter
5. Admissions Committee Evaluations
Master’s Degree in Systems Management Certificate
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree for four years or Bachelor’s Degree for three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed the different evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Programme Director Master in Systems Management
- IT Infrastructure Manager
- Telecommunications Engineer (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
- Masters in Information Security Management Systems (UNED)
- PMD® Program for Management Development (ESADE)
- Masters in Systems Management (OBS)
- IT Service/Project Manager
- More than 15 years of experience leading business transformations and continous improvement focused on the customer
- Certificated PMP, ITIL, TOGAF, COBIT, Lean IT
- MBA (UCAB) and Master in Management (UIPR)
- Computer Engineer (USB)
Ricard Gonzalez Tejero
- Founder Partner and Director at ITAdvisory Partners
- CIO at Perez&Cia Group
- CIO at COPISA Group
- Technology Management Consultant
Partner and Head of Cybersecurity at PwC.
Sajid Abad Garcia
- Business and Project Manager in Praiker IT
- PMP (PMI) Certified.
- Business Intelligence at Grupo ICA
- Analysis and development of Business Intelligence solutions (Pentaho) for Eulen Group
- Master’s Degree in Business Intelligence
- Managing Director / CIO Suez Aqualogy Business Software
- Green Belt “Six Sigma” certification
- CIO Grifols
- IESE Business School
- Expert in Auditing, Security and Government of Information Technology
- Interuniversity Master un ICT Security, UOC
- Technical Engineer in Management Computing,Universidad Politécnica de Valencia
Josep Cañabate Pérez
- Lawyer and consultant specialising in ICT law
- Doctor in Public Law from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)
- Master’s Degree in Public Law from the UAB
- Degree in Law from the UAB
- Dedication60 ECTS
- InitiationNovember 2018
- Term10 months
- Price6.500 €