Security of Corporate Information
Online Master’s Degree in data security
Introduction to the Master’s Degree in the Security of Corporate Information
The postgraduate degree in the Security of Corporate Information, teached in Spanish, helps professionals and directors to define strategies and gain awareness of the tools that allow us to work towards data security.
For a lot of organisations, information has become their most valuable asset. Nowadays, data is an essential element for competitiveness and high profitability margins in modern business. Companies, regardless of their size, are making great efforts to safeguard information from its source until its exploitation for their operations and the decision-making, which is understandable given the amount of data that is generated each day from so many different sources. Social networks, mobile devices, e-commerce, the Big Data era, etc., are some of the factors that have caused IT management security and corporate information security to become key factors for today’s organisations.
Companies need to implement solutions and processes to secure their information from both external and internal threats. Therefore, the Security of Corporate Information is currently an aspect that needs to be considered within the Strategic Plan of any organisation.
- Systems Auditor
- IT specialist
- Network Administrator
- Database Administrator
- IT Security Consultant
- Head of Security
- IT Security Analyst
- IT Risks
- Systems Developer
- Infrastructures Administrator
- Chief of IT Security Projects
Aims of the Master’s Degree in the Security of Corporate Information
- Professionally training directors in the administration and management of information security systems for companies
- Defining the necessary keys to interacting with consultants and experts in IT security
- Promoting and implementing strategies capable of safeguarding the knowledge of companies
- Taking advantage of knowledge, an indispensable asset for improvement and development within the framework of the society of information and knowledge
Syllabus of the Master in the Security of Corporate Information
The programme has a duration of 12 months and it is divided into a total of 10 modules, which are sub-divided into 3 blocks, and a final project that is developed throughout the master’s course.
> Introduction to Information Security
First strategic vision of Information Security within organisations. Companies, to maintain their presence in the market, need to keep their data safe, but in order to do so, there are some implications to understanding what this task implies.
> IT Governance
Understanding the best practices in the management of technology and the existing frameworks of reference. IT Governance comprehensively encompasses technology, processes, business and organisations. It consists of aligning the strategic plan of an organisation with its IT plan, taking into consideration information services, the infrastructure, risks, project management and information security.
> Security in IT Architecture
The security vision must be comprehensive, it must cover all the different information systems, their databases and the operational systems. This module provides the student with an understanding of the key factors and the scope of Security Management in a company, the management of users, technologies, accesses, controls, etc.
The main purpose of cryptography is to encode messages containing the sensitive data of the organisation and its customers. This module covers the primary technological solutions that are used for the encoding of information, provides an understanding of what these solutions entail, the scope and the impact they have due to their implementation and subsequent management.
> Communication Security
When referring to Security of Information we must take the concept further than software, we must include communications and the protection of information that travels through the networks.
> IT Projects Management
The leaders responsible for maintaining the Security of Information at a Company are completely familiarised with the methodologies and best practices for project management. Therefore, it is necessary to understand the keys to project management, and to recognise the culture of the organisation itself while getting to know the models and best practices that may be more suitable for an IT security project.
> Cyber Attack
To learn how to defend an organisation and provide security for its data, we have to learn what the different kinds of attacks it may suffer are. There are several digital threats that a company may receive, from a simple yet dangerous virus, to the presence of an intruder on the network and the internal systems of the organisation. Which doors have to be closed? What or who may attack the information and what for?
> Security Systems
Becoming familiar with the Security tools that can be found in the market. Apart from knowing all the tools, this will allow for the identification of the main features and indicators that should be taken into consideration during the process of selecting them, it will also provide an understanding of the main elements that should be considered when assessing and acquiring a technological solution.
> System Audit
Systems auditing includes the validation of procedures related to computing, in general the entire management and control of software, hardware, users, etc. It also includes the validation and recommendation of controls for information security.
> Legal and Regulatory Framework
The evolution of information management systems has also caused the blossoming of a specialised sector within the law world, new technologies law. This refers to a barely homogeneous set of rules that regulate the explosion of telecommunications and the processing capability that has arisen in the last few years. A review of the main legal premises and consequences within the scope of Security of Information is necessary.
The final project represents a fundamental element within the development of the Master’s Degree in Information Security. During its development, participants have to consider all the elements that are related to the development and management of a technological project based on IT security.
The project is mainly delimited according to its scope, length, cost and risks, aspects that will be worked through based on the best current methodological practices of Project Management.
Requirements of the Master in Security of Information
The main aim of our admissions process is to ensure that the candidates are ideal for the course. All the students must be able to take the maximum value out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop lasting connections with fellow students, teachers and the alumni.
These are the stages of the admissions process:
1. Prerequisites for admission
3. Personal interview
4. Cover letter
5. Admissions Committee Evaluations
Master’s Degree in the Security of Corporate Information Certificate
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree for four years or Bachelor’s Degree for three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed the different evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Programme Director Master in Security of Corporate Information
- PMP – PMI
- Master’s Degree in Project Management, AEDE Business School, Madrid
- Project Manager with more than 15 years’ experience in the IT sector
- Postgraduate Degree in Business Management, Univ. Simón Bolívar, Venezuela
- Computer Science, University of Nueva Esparta, Venezuela
- IT Infrastructure Manager
- Telecommunications Engineer (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid)
- Masters in Information Security Management Systems (UNED)
- PMD® Program for Management Development (ESADE)
- Masters in Systems Management (OBS)
Ramón Martín Miralles López
- Coordinator of Auditing and Security of Information at the Catalan Authority of Data Protection
- European Certificate on Cybercrime and Electronic Evidence (ECCE)
- Specialist on Public Safety Management, Open University of Catalonia (UOC)
- Expert at ENISA (2012-2015)
- Degree in Law from the University of Barcelona (UB)
- IT consultant at Ayesa Advanced Technologies
- CISM (Certified Information Security Management)
- Master’s Degree in Data Management and Technological Innovation
- Graduated in Nautical Sciences
- Business Intelligence at Grupo ICA
- Analysis and development of Business Intelligence solutions (Pentaho) for Eulen Group
- Master’s Degree in Business Intelligence
José Manuel López
- Innovation, Compliance and Technology Department Manager en FirmaProfesional
- Ingeniero Superior de Telecomunicaciones
Gonzalo Cuatrecasas Freixas
- Information, Technology and Telecommunications Management at Estabanell Energia
- MBA from the University of Maryland
- Degree in Economics
- Security Manager en Telefonica
- Máster en Administración
- Licenciado en Computación
- Dedication60 ECTS
- InitiationNovember 2018
- Term10 months
- Price6.500 €