Master in Project Management
Online Master's Degree with OBS and titling professional program at the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana through Continous Education
Presentation of the Master in Project Management
Nowadays companies live in a constantly changing market where each day exists more competitors. Therefore, new intermediary business project strategies are implemented to evaluate the results and profits that they can provide to organizations.
The best way to do this is by ensuring the quality, skills and abilities of the Project Managers.
The Master in Project Management of OBS Business School incorporates the latest knowledge and obligations of the global standard of the Project Management Institute (PMI), preparing professionals focused on the management and management of programs and / or international projects.
PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered trademark of Project Management Institute, Inc.
Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.) del PMI
OBS Business School has been evaluated and approved as R.E.P. by the PMI to be able to offer training in the field of project management.
The R.E.P. organizations are academic institutions certified by the PMI that help project management professionals to obtain and renew the different certifications they grant, such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification® ,
the Program Management Professional (PgMP) ®, certification and other professional certifications. The R.E.P. institutions of the PMI fulfill a series of rigorous quality standards both in the content and design of the masters and in the formation of its faculty.
The program is also developed as a Professional Program of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana through Continuing Education.
Professional Career of The Master in Project Management
- Project manager
- Manager of the Office of Project Management (OGP)
- Director of programs
- Director or Portfolio Manager
- Director of online projects
Objectives of the Master
- Manage complex projects efficiently and effectively.
- Management of work teams through managerial skills and management techniques of people and resources.
- Knowledge of the current needs of companies in the direction of projects with the teaching of best market practices.
- Preparation for the PMP and / or ACP certification exams of the PMI, together with our PMP certified teachers who will make you receive the necessary academic credits to enroll.
Master's Program in Project Management
In the current market, Project Managers must have extensive knowledge and skills that enable them to manage teams of people and resources, as well as adapt quickly to the needs of the market.
The Master in Project Management of OBS is carried out together with the Professional Program of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana (Colombia) through Continuing Education, in which teachers from that institution will teach the first two modules and the first workshop.
The curriculum consists of the following modules:
Strategic project management (Module taught by lecturers from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana)
Nowadays, organizations are forced to continuous changes in contexts of great uncertainty and adapting to them is based on the implementation of business strategies based on effective project management. This is how this module covers and reflects on aspects related to today's business, its models, structures and the relationship with project management.
Project scope management. Management of the project planning (Module taught by lecturers from the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana)
Managing project planning accounts for the processes require to establish their scope, refining the objectives and defining the course of action necessary to achieve the objectives proposed in the project. The scope statement is used to define what is within the project boundaries and what is outside those limits. It includes each and every one of the processes that will be necessary to ensure that the project includes all the tasks and activities required to be completed successfully.
Project cost management. Financing of projects.
Project cost management
Cost management, together with the management of scope and time, are part of the basic pillars of project management. Especially the information related to the costs is always very sensitive for the governing bodies of the project, with which in addition to making a correct estimate of it, it will be necessary to have a very strict control and monitoring to guarantee the success of the project.
Financing of projects
The financial management of a project focuses on the economic aspects (eg, income and costs) and on the "cost of capital", that is, on obtaining funds and on the effectiveness of their use. This scope determines different activities that take place before the start of the project, during its development (planning and execution) and later in its completion, and at different levels within the organization. A project manager must be able to know and understand the language, structure and processes that take place in the financial management of projects; to lead this management and / or collaborate with the financial managers in their development, both at the project level and at the organization level.
Project quality management. Management of project risks.
Management of project quality
In this subject, in addition to trying to clarify what we should understand by "Quality", we will make a practical presentation of "Quality Management" in all aspects of the project, from planning, to execution and finalizing in monitoring and control. The current management systems and the basic principles of Total Quality Management will be studied to analyze various current models, including the EFQM and the ISO standards.
Project risk management
A very broad and detailed vision of the current "state of the art"; of the professional in charge of managing the risks of a project is offered, and therefore the student will be provided with the learning for the performance of both their activity and Project Manager, as the Responsible for Project Risks.
The human factor in projects.
Managing change in projects
The human factor in projects People are a key part of project management. In this subject you will learn what is related to the management of project teams, the interpersonal skills and the leadership that a good project manager should have, as well as the main techniques of conflict resolution. You will know the code of ethics and professional conduct and its application in our profession.
Change management in projects
In every project, a change of state must be managed (since it goes from an initial situation to a different end), since most of the projects fail due to mismanagement of that change. While project management focuses on tasks, activities, scope and deliverables; change management is responsible for directing people to change their behavior to reach the 'new state'. That is, the Project Manager focuses on the what, when and how much; while the 'Change Manager' in the why, who, where and how.
Management of acquisitions, contracting and legal aspects in projects. Management of the sale of the project.
Management of acquisitions, contracting and legal aspects in projects
This subject will give the student the ability to develop the most correct contractual strategy in each project, as well as to evaluate the most suitable types of contracts for each deliverable of the project and elaborate the specifications of corresponding tender. It will also acquire skills to be able to raise and carry out negotiations, and not only will it come to understand the structure of the contracts and the importance of each of them, but it will also learn to communicate with the legal services that will provide protection for the projects.
Management of the sale of the project
Throughout this module, it will be analyzed in which environment the offers are developed, how to maximize their effectiveness, how to increase the sale options of the project, (always maintaining a solid base for its execution), the figure of the buyer and the negotiation and strategic sale aspects.
Management of the integration and knowledge of the project.
Project integration and knowledge management Project integration management consists of processes and activities to identify, define, combine and coordinate project management activities, as well as project phases. It also includes integrating actions for the unification, consolidation and coordination necessary to complete the project and manage the requirements and expectations of the interested parties or stakeholders. In other words, it is the glue that unites the different parts of the project and turns them into a solid whole.
This subject analyzes traditional methodologies for the management of projects aligned with the PMBoK® Guide. Both methodologies of a general nature and independent of the application sector will be studied, as well as those customized for a specific sector.
Agile methodologies: a change of mentality
This subject presents another way of managing projects and high-performance equipment products, comparing them with traditional methodologies such as the one developed in the PMBOK® Guide. The application of Agile Methodologies requires a major change of mentality. To address them, it is necessary to know the fundamental concepts of this type of management and the differences they have with traditional process management, as well as the techniques and tools that are used.
Application of agile methodologies.
In this course you will learn to choose the most suitable project management approach for each project, having understood the need for the methodology based on innovative products, how they are managed and monitored, what roles are involved and how they are managed the high performance equipment that is required
Advanced project management
In this module, a step towards the management of non-conventional projects will be carried out with the aim of giving the student more impetus in their learning process.
Workshop: Entrepreneurship and Business Viability (Workshop given by lecturers of the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana)
This workshop is aimed at the recognition of the basic aspects of entrepreneurship; its relationship with innovation and project management in light of the application of the Canvas model.
Workshop: Advanced project planning course: MS Project
The Microsoft Project Professional version application allows the planning, programming and control of projects, and is a de facto standard of the industry. In this workshop and through explanatory videos, exercises and debates, the student can acquire advanced knowledge in the management of project planning through the use of this tool.
Workshop: Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) and Tools
This workshop is aimed at the acquisition of skills for the analysis, selection and application of PMIS solutions (Clarity PPM, Planning IT, Cardinis, EnterpriseTrack, Power Steering, etc.) and tools (Redmine, Remember The Milk, TeamViewer, etc.) ; and thus make the daily life of the Project Manager easier. It also explains how to work with Gartner's Magic Quadrant.
Workshop: Project Management Simulation. Simultrain (STS).
The SimulTrain tool provides simulation of calls, reception of emails and voice messages to create a realistic project management environment, through which the assistants to this workshop can put into practice procedures, tools, and fundamental techniques of the management of projects learned throughout the Master.
Workshop: Preparation for PMI-PMP certification: Initiation. X-AM (STS)
Currently PMP certification is considered fundamental in the professional development of specialists from different disciplines in various industries and is increasingly required in the labor market of project management.
The main objective is to carry out a project that allows students to apply the groups of processes learned throughout the program, while achieving a specialization in the management of a specific project. It focuses on applying the best practices of different industries, understanding their benefits and exercising management skills that every Project Manager should have.
The Master in Project Management is completed with conferences and seminars that will be taught in each of the blocks. These additional activities are carried out by professionals of recognized prestige in the project management sector who, through videoconferences, will present their experiences and practical cases to the students.
- ‘Case studies’: Case method: The practical component of the program is indispensable and completes the theoretical training. To this end, during the courses, debates on current topics and interest in each of the subjects, simulations for decision making applied to real situations or the resolution of practical cases where the problems raised will be analyzed from an academic point of view. the solutions that were proposed, as well as the criteria taken into account to carry them out.
- Webinars: Additionally in each of the subjects synchronous sessions or 'webinars' are organized, that is, sessions in which all the participants are connected at the same time, through an application allowing the exchange of knowledge in real time.
- Software Tools: The Master in Project Management offers a broad and open vision of project management, enabling students to be experts in project management methodology to ensure the success of its implementation. To achieve this goal it is essential to support the training through software tools for professional use that allow the student to better understand the concepts and also master some tools that will surely also have the opportunity to use them in their professional environment.
- Simulation tools: During the course, very powerful simulation tools will be used. Specifically, SimulTrain and X-AM.
- PMI: Students membership: Thanks to an agreement between OBS Business School and the PMI, at the beginning of the course all students are registered as' students membership of the PMI.
Requirements of the Master's Degree in Project Management
It is necessary to have a university degree and work experience to be accepted into the programme. Work experience is most valued because it is important to share in the knowledge – gained from training and professional responsibility – which each participant contributes to the particular situations set out by the professor. In the event that someone does not have the abovementioned requirements, acceptance into the programme will be decided on by the Board.
In addition, students who take this Master's degree will also obtain the Professional Program Title by the Pontificia Universidad Javeriana through Continuing Education.
Programme Director Master in Project Management (PUJ)
- Executive Director of Organization and Information Systems. GM Food Ibérica.
- MBA Specialty Dir. Operations. ESADE Barcelona.
- E-Business Master. La Salle. URL Barcelona.
- Telecommunications Engineer Univ. Polytechnic of Catalonia (UPC). Barcelona
Sajid Abad Garcia
- Business and Project Manager in Praiker IT
- PMP (PMI) Certified.
Carles Adell Martínez
- PMP® - PMI®
- MPM. OBS/UB
- Scrum Master Certificate
- Project Manager and Maintenance Operations. Bodegas Familia Torres.
- Master in Maintenance Engineering.
- Superior Technician in Automatic Systems and Program bles.
- Superior Technician in Installations and Electrical Lines.
Joaquin de Azcárraga
- PMP – PMI & PMI –ACP
- Agile Project Manager. Evergreen Project Management Services.
- Bachelor of Physical Sciences. Complutense University of Madrid.
- PMP – PMI
- Executive partner at 3D ROB, S.L.
- PMO consultant at Mier Comunicaciones, S.A.
- Doctor of Telecommunications Engineering, UPC, Barcelona
- PMP – PMI
- Member of the Board of PMI Madrid Chapter. Spain
- Founding partner of PMPeople. Consultancy, training and project management tools.
- Over 15 years´ experience in Project Management and IT Consulting.
- Telecommunications Engineer. UPM. Spain
Ana Victoria Bardoneschi
- Certified Scrum Master - Scrum Alliance. USA
- Certified Product Owner - Scrum Alliance. USA
- Certified Scrum@Scale Practitioner (CS@SP) - Scrum Inc. USA
- Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) - Scrum Alliance. USA
- Director of Consulting BK® – Uruguay/Argentina
- Coach Agile, Mental Health Agent and Systems Analyst. Teacher in company for the formation of development teams and high performance teams.
Xavier González Firmas
- PMP® - PMI®
- Manager of civil works projects and infrastructures. ICC, SL
- Civil Engineer, Channels and Ports. ETSECCP. CPU. Barcelona.
- PMP – PMI
- PMO in the Management of Information Technology at Standard Bank, Argentina
- Master’s Degree in Software Engineering, UNLP (National University of La Plata), Argentina
- Postgraduate Degree in Project Management, UB (University of Belgrano), Argentina
- Degree in Information Systems, UM (University of Mendoza), Argentina
- Agile Certified Practitioner. PMI-ACP.
- Certified Scrum Master. Scrum Alliance. USA
- Postgraduate in Project Management. Belgrade University. Argentina.
- Founding Partner Consultant BK. Uruguay / Argentina.
- Degree in psychology. UBA Buenos Aires University. Argentina.
Marisa Andrea Lostumbo
- Project Management Consultant and Trainer en GoFlow
- Project Management. Training in management processes and procedures and project management.
- Advice on certifications and accreditations.
Miguel Saiz García
- PMP® - PMI®
- Project Manager. Europe Engineering Tools & Process Manager Lear Corporation
- Industrial Engineer. ETSIISS. Universidad de Navarra
Gustavo Pinzón Cuellar
- Telecommunications Engineer, UPC, Barcelona
- General Director of the Itaca SAS Project
- Former Director of the regional PMO of Latam de SABMiller
- Former Director of Projects and Processes of Telefónica Móviles Colombia
Angela Rivera Villabón
- Economist, Universidad Santo Tomás
- Knowledge Management Consultant at Ítaca Project
- Coordinator and Professor in Project Management at Itapà-Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
- Dedication60 ECTS
- InitiationFebruary 2019
- Term10 months
- Price8.900 €
- Campus Online