Master in Executive Coaching and Leadership
Coaching is a technique that brings us closer to fulfilling our goals by allowing us to develop ourselves personally and professionally. This ability helps us to think outside of the box, improve our communications and take a deeper look inside ourselves.
It is a very valuable tool for business management and also for personal development in terms of achieving personal and professional goals.
The reason why of this programme is to provide a high-quality response to the needs of professionals seeking to train themselves to work as coaches in the future, or anyone who intends to incorporate the benefits of coaching into their human resources management and the fulfilment of their goals. To achieve this, we adopt a comprehensive approach by considering the competence-based aspects of personal development, the development of emotional intelligence, the abilities and skills required for executive and personal coaching, and also those required for team-coaching.
The training we provide, in addition to providing the resources you need for your own personal development and the improvement of your team, is also aligned with the International Coach Federation (ICF) and provides you with personalised tutoring to facilitate your future certification as a coach.
Who is it aimed at?
The Master’s Degree in Executive Coaching and Leadership from OBS Business School is aimed at:
• Executives and professionals seeking to integrate coaching techniques into their professional toolkit to facilitate the development of the people they work with and their teams, while also developing themselves and strengthening their competencies to allow them to achieve extraordinary results.
• Anyone seeking to work as a coach.
The objective of this master’s degree is to train professionals and executives so that they can apply the coaching methodology to their daily activities at the personal, team and organisation levels, and to provide them with resources that will strengthen their leadership and emotional intelligence.
The Executive Coaching and Leadership programme:
- Provides a methodology that allows participants to carry out their own coaching interventions.
- Provides a framework of skills like coaching conversation and other resources that aim to focus on the analysis and development of the various stages of said conversation.
- Develops skills and personal strengths by increasing efficacy and self-confidence.
- Promotes the development of individual and team talent by encouraging individuals to fully commit to their development and the path to achieving it.
- Provides a dashboard with indicators that assist with monitoring the process and proposing corrective measures.
- Allows actions to be taken that will facilitate the assimilation of the concepts and the development of the technique.
- Incorporates new resources and techniques that will increase the efficacy of your coaching.
Syllabus of the Master in Executive Coaching and Leadership
- Introduction to coaching
- Competency development in accordance with ICF
- Key coaching tools
- Emotional intelligence
- Neuro-linguistic programming
- Life coaching
- Executive coaching
- Team coaching
- Organisational coaching
- Competency development workshop
- Final Project
The structure and duration of the Master’s Degree in Executive Coaching and Leadership allows us to ensure the fulfilment of the aforementioned objectives. Below, you will find more details about the modules that make up this programme and their content:
Introduction to coaching
Obtaining an initial approximation of the entirety of the field that is covered by coaching, both as it is applied to individuals and within organisations, is fundamental to ensuring an accurate understanding of all its components.
We will focus on:
- The history of coaching: etymology, beginnings and evolution
- Definition of coaching: what is and what isn’t coaching. What makes it different from psychology, mentoring, consulting, training and counselling?
- Philosophy and rules of the International Coaching Federation (ICF)
- Coaching modalities: personal coaching, organisational coaching (business and executive), educational coaching and sports coaching
- Coaching schools and their perspectives
- Benefits of coaching
- The learning process: its stages
- Basic competencies of a coach: ask, observe, feedback
- Coaching and leadership
Competency development according to the ICF
For appropriate management of coaching, as stated by the International Coaching Federation, we need to establish a set of competencies.
These are the 11 competencies of the ICF:
- Ethics and professional standards
- Establish the coaching agreement/contract
- Establish trust and intimacy with the client
- Coaching presence
- Active listening
- Curiosity and powerful questioning (transforming questions)
- Direct communication
- Creating awareness
- Designing actions
- Planning and goal setting
- Managing progress and accountability
Key Coaching tools
A coach needs to have a comprehensive set of tools that will allow them to employ the coaching methodology effectively and achieve the desired results:
- The integral model: language, body and emotions
- Perceptive positions: the figure of the observer or the third position
- Relationship skills: silence, eye contact, nodding and verbal punctuation, repetition of key words, metaphors, reformulations, humour
- Tools map: creative visualisation, generating perspectives, circle of influence, using psychogeography, mind maps, Robert Dilts’ neurological levels, the anatomy of success, transforming problems into objectives
- Determine the return on investment of a coaching process: an application tool
- Record sheet for the coaching sessions
Since emotions are afforded special significance in coaching, the coach needs to have made themselves aware and worked on their own emotions and the intelligence inherent to them. Therefore, we will look at:
- The different types of intelligence and Emotional intelligence (EI)
- The contributions of neurology
- Emotional competencies
- Steps to develop EI
- Emotionally intelligent communication
- Communicate to achieve
- The intelligent approach to thinking
- Resolving situations of conflict
- Facing hostility and verbal abuse
- Management of stress and tolerance of uncertainty
- Resilience and tolerance to frustration
- Emotionally intelligent organisations
Neuro-linguistic programming facilitates the development of skills that can change limiting habits, conducts and beliefs while eliminating the unconscious brakes that are involved in emotional management, thereby providing useful tools that are crucial for carrying out successful coaching processes.
In this module we will look at:
- NLP and its contribution to coaching
- Assumptions and foundations of NLP
- Maps and territories
- Generation of contexts of trust; rapport and affinity
- Anchoring: timelines
- Representational systems; metamodels
- Limiting/sabotaging beliefs. Identification and changing of beliefs
This type of coaching focuses on the individual as a whole but places special emphasis on the personal aspects. Learning to help people to set goals for themselves, acknowledge their barriers and helping them to find a way through them is the essence of this subject.
In this module we will look at:
- Diagnosis tools: the wheel of life
- Generation of SMART objectives and goals
- Internal resources: values and life purposes
- Limiting/sabotaging beliefs
- Resources for breaking resistance barriers
- Intuition in coaching
- Individual action plans
- The GROW method
It is becoming increasingly important for people to develop their leadership skills. From a coaching perspective, this means leadership that is collaborative, shared and aimed at developing everyone involved.
To achieve all of the above, we will focus on:
- Leader-coach as the new paradigm for the generation of engagement
- HR and coaching processes
- Coaching as a strategy for talent development
- Coaching tools for day-to-day management
- How to implement this model in an organisation
- Leadership styles and their assessment
- Knowing and developing collaborators
- Coaching and change
When executives are able to use tools that allow their collaborators to develop themselves and find solutions on their own, people become part of the solution rather than part of the problem. Moreover, for a coach to be able to work with an executive on their concerns and daily challenges, they must provide them with new perspectives and allow them to improve their self-awareness so they can improve their own management - this is the core purpose of this subject. In this subject we will work on the following aspects:
- The essence and meaning of executive coaching in a company
- Impact and contribution to the organisation’s performance
- Formalisation of the coaching relationship between the parties involved
- Specific tools for executive coaching
- Plan for reaching the coaching goals
- Closure and assessment
Teams are the foundations of organisations and the way that extraordinary results can be achieved, so we will look at how team coaching is managed and carried out. The points we will focus on in this subject are:
- Objectives and what is and isn’t team coaching
- Team coaching models
- The role of a team coach
- Team versus group
- Stages of the development and evolution of a team
- From diagnosis to change. Diagnosis techniques
- Systemic laws applied to teams
- Development techniques for team coaching
Organisational and systemic coaching
Understanding how organisations work and understanding that they are like a system enables both the executive and the coach who work within an organisation to put certain mechanisms in place to change said organisation. This is achieved by unblocking mechanisms that are not functioning effectively. In this module we will look at the following topics:
- Organisation and strategic management design
- The organisation as a system: how do we integrate systemic thinking into organisations?
- Management of organisational change
- Interrelation – interdependence – exchange
- The value of the human aspects within organisations
- The role of the coach within organisations
- The importance of internal communication
- Impact on the culture of an organisation
Competency development workshop
The competency development workshop aims to help students to acquire relational and communication skills; detect risks and objectives; develop self-knowledge, trust and active listening; manage polarities; ask powerful questions; and apply the various coaching tools that relate to concepts such as emotional intelligence and NLP, among other things.
At the end of the master’s degree the participants will submit a final project that they have worked on in groups. The project must focus on one of the following:
- The coaching process
- A developmental and organisational transformation project
- A research project related to aspects covered during the master’s degree
Talks, seminars and workshops
The Master’s Degree in Executive Coaching and Leadership can be completed with talks, seminars and workshops that respond to the needs of the group.
These seminars will be delivered by renowned professionals from the sector who, by means of videoconferencing, will elaborate on their experiences and real-world examples.
Simulations and case studies
The content of the programme contains a large theoretical component that provides students with the opportunity to strengthen their skills. However, it also takes into account that the business world operates in the social area, in which the participants make decisions in an environment where they encounter competitors, regulators and people with different profiles.
This means that the practical component of the programme is essential and completes the theory-based training. Therefore, during the course, discussions about current and interesting affairs will be organised as part of each of the subjects. Decision-making simulations will also be applied to real situations and case studies will be prepared that analyse, from an academic perspective, the issues at hand and their proposed solutions, as well as the criteria that must be considered for the execution of these solutions.
Requirements of the Master in Executive Coaching
The main aim of our admissions process is to ensure that the candidates are ideal for the course. All the students must be able to take the maximum value out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop lasting connections with fellow students, teachers and the alumni.
These are the stages of the admissions process:
1. Prerequisites for admission
3. Personal interview
4. Cover letter
5. Admissions Committee Evaluations
Master’s Degree in Executive Coaching and Leadership
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree for four years or Bachelor’s Degree for three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed the different evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Programme Director Master in Executive Coaching and Leadership
- PARTNER at Metabolic Energy Training System (METS) and at Creativialab
- ICF certified coach
- Official Master’s Degree in Control and Strategic Planning for General Management
- Currently completing his PhD at UPC, Business Administration department; PhD Subject: Creating a method for generating optimism in Human Resources
- Degree in Law
- Graduate in Psychology
- Clinical psychology practice. Specialising in emotional intelligence
- Lecturer on various master’s degrees: Integral Communication (University of Alcalá de Henares), Creativity, Design and Communication (Universidad Politécnica de Madrid), Administration and Management of Personal Image Businesses (University of Alcalá de Henares), Organisation and HR (Autonomous University of Madrid)
- Team Coaching Partner at HYMAS
- Qualified in Team Coaching at the Université Paris Sud
- HR Directior at Laboratorios Ordesa
- Associate at ICF Spain
- Graduate in Law from the Universitat de les Illes Balears
- Master’s Degree in Analytical Group Psychotherapy from the Universidad de Deusto
- Master’s Degree in HR Management from EAE Business School
- MCC Coach for ICF (personal, executive and group), trainer and speaker since 2010
- Fields of expertise: coaching, NLP, communication skills, mind maps, creativity, time management, magic area…
- Licensed psychological coach specialising in legal and forensic clinical psychopathology
- Master’s degree in NLP, Coaching WingWave, TDA (Team_Coaching), mind maps and creativity techniques (Edward de Bono)
- Global Talent Development Manager and HR Business partner at Eurofragance
- Graduate in Psychology from the Autonomous University of Barcelona
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management from EAE Business School
- Executive and Personal coach, trainer and strategic consultant
- Supervisor for the CTI Coaching Certification Programme
- ICF-certified International PCC
- Diploma in Tourism from the Escuela Oficial de Turismo
- MBA from the Toledo Chamber of Commerce
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources from EFEM
- Executive and personal coach, trainer and mediator at the Diputació de Barcelona and Luís Asensio Coaching
- CPCC certification from CTI
- AACC certification from ICF
- Licensed NLP Practitioner
- Graduate in Law from the University of Barcelona
- Specialised Master’s Degree in Human Resources from EADA
Juan Alberto Pujol
- ACC Coach. Master’s Degree and qualified NLP trainer from the NLP Spanish Association (AEPNL). Trainer.
- Master’s Degree in Ericksonian Hypnosis
- Gestalt therapy
- Musician, songwriter, pianist, playwright, guitarist and singer. Choral Direction. Musical dubbing for films. Musical direction
- Expert in management of organisational culture, communication and human resources development
- Professional coach in the executive, organisational and personal fields
- CTI-Augere Certified Professional Coactive Coach
- Master’s Degree in International Management from Thunderbird School of Global Management Arizona
- ESADE Business School: Business Management and Administration, International Marketing and MBA
- Dedication60 ECTS
- InitiationMay 2018
- Term10 months
- Price6.500 €