Digital Marketing and Electronic Commerce
Online master’s degree that provides all the keys to selling and communicating on the internet
Introduction to the Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing and Electronic Commerce
Despite the environment of the global economic crisis, the digital market has evolved year after year to become one of the main driving forces behind growth. The speed at which new technologies have been adapted has no historical precedent. While it took the radio thirty-eight years to reach an audience of fifty-million people, and TV took thirteen years, the Internet achieved the same figure in just four years. New media has also catalysed the appearance of innovative business models and organisations which, in just a few years, have become leaders in their respective sectors. This is a new digital revolution.
But, why has the Internet brought such radical changes to the way we communicate and trade? If we were to list the reasons why digital economics is so important in contemporary society, the list would be never-ending; but there are certain factors that highlight the reasons why it is so important:
> Limitless interactivity and connectivity. We bear witness to the appearance of new mass-communication media, which allow us to communicate in every direction in a highly efficient manner, in real time while removing all geographical boundaries.
> Versatility. In reality, the internet is nothing more than a communication protocol, which means it can be supported by multiple devices: TV, mobile phones, smartphones, tablets, appliances and, of course, computers. There exists a dissociation between hardware and content, so users demand access to their information from any device. Quite a challenge.
> Measurement of results. Unlike other media, the internet allows us to measure with complete accuracy the results of any campaigns or actions that we may launch, through multiple metrics oriented to measuring, monitoring and monetising our objectives. And all of this, in real time.
> Transactionality and accessibility. For the first time in history, we can finalise a transaction within the same communication media: this is what we call electronic commerce. You search, choose, pay and receive. Everything is less than three clicks away.
> And last but not least, the internet implies breaking with traditional distribution models. It allows us to completely remove middlemen from the distribution chain (and therefore their costs), so the contact between the customer and company becomes 100% direct.
And within this digital world, the sector of electronic commerce is growing. It is a new sales and communication channel that is growing thanks to the increase in internet access, mobile devices and new habits of demand. Over the last few years, new projects have appeared in the e-commerce world, within the most important economic sectors, which have become leaders within their sectors in just a few years. This appearance of new competitors has forced traditional retail companies to establish a presence in the digital world. New paradigms are required to succeed in these sectors.
And in order to achieve professional success in this sector, a set of skills and abilities must be acquired to conceptualise, implement and manage a business based on electronic commerce.
The Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing and Electronic Commerce teached in Spanish will provide you with the training you need to drive your career in this field by becoming an expert in online marketing.
- Interactive agency
- Venture capital funds
- E-commerce channel manager
- SEO, SEM Consultant
- Product Manager
- Online Marketing Manager
- Digital Marketing Sales specialist
- Promoter of electronic commerce projects
- Communication Agencies
- Digital Project Management
- Online Sales Manager
- Consultant for E-commerce projects
- Experto en Marketing Digital
Aims of the Master’s Degree
- Analysis and synthesis skills
- Ability to find, analyse and interpret data, and turn them into relevant information for the decision-making process
- Orientation towards problem solving
- Knowing how to structure a business model in relation to electronic commerce
- Thorough knowledge of the main techniques and channels for gaining, attracting and building loyalty with users
- Understanding the new digital communication paradigm
- Understanding and familiarising yourself with the most relevant aspects (on site and off site) of the design of transactional websites
- Different models for potential monetisation
- Understanding and assimilating conversion flows and the professional and personal skills specific to entrepreneurs.
Syllabus of the Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing
The structure, duration and content of the Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing and Electronic Commerce allows you to ensure that you fulfil the set objectives. A module-based, linear and sequential structure built around your experience. The programme is divided into ten modules plus a cross-disciplinary final project that includes a role playing activity.
Foundations of Digital Marketing and Electronic Commerce
In this module you will look at aspects related to the basic concepts of digital economics and the main elements that allow professionals to effectively interact within this new competitive context.
Marketing on Search Engines
Search engines are the main starting point for internet browsing for users of the internet. They are one of the main tools used to raise awareness, so it is essential to understand how they work and to know the techniques required to achieve the best position possible in their rankings. Strategic marketing on search engines implies having a good command of a series of key variables that interact with the search algorithms of Search Engines.
Performance Marketing: Affiliate and Permission Marketing
Affiliate marketing and permission marketing are fundamental marketing tools linked to performance. Advertisers are gradually investing larger amounts from their advertising budget into digital supports, where they can measure their performance very accurately, and affiliate platforms and email marketing campaigns have been designed to provide companies with tangible results. Therefore, it is important to have a very thorough understanding of how these platforms work and what the key factors are for executing successful advertising campaigns on them.
Research, CRM and Online Loyalty Techniques
The main aim of this subject is to introduce you to the basic concepts of customer management, to learn about the main CRM tools and practise with their applications for building loyal relationships with a business’ customers, and learning about the policies that will ensure satisfaction and loyalty in an online context.
Strategies for Social Media
We start from a Dissemination context (“traditional marketing”), passing through an Interaction context (“digital marketing”) and finally arrive at a Participation context (“Social Media marketing”).
As a Marketing professional you need to know the rules and how to make the most out of presence and participation within the Social Media environment. To this end, you will look at subjects such as:
Social Media Environment: What is Social Media Optimisation?
Social Media Strategy
Social Media Plan. Buzz Marketing or how impact upon the image of my products and services through new media.
Dynamisation and Management of a Social Media Plan.
Advertising formats on the main social networks.
We are witnessing the “Mobile explosion” that is occurring in conjunction with the popularisation of smartphones and tablets. The latest information confirms the downward trend in the sales of desktop computers and laptops in favour mobile devices. Their features impose new strategies for the consumption and dissemination of content. And, as a consequence, new advertising models. And, in the meantime, the TV of the future is still waiting to be defined.
Design and Usability (UI/UX)
The approach of this subject is based upon providing you with the skills you need for acquiring the tools, concepts, knowledge and ideas required to coordinate a team that is able to build a successful digital asset, by analysing your needs and organising information, providing them with a brief in the most appropriate way, supervising their progress and being aware of the tools being used in the market.
Our aim is not for you to become a developer or a usability expert, our goal is to provide you with the foundations and sources of reference that will allow you to use your own judgment when providing information and assessing the answers you receive from your work colleagues or suppliers.
Electronic Commerce Operations
The main objective of this subject is to introduce you to the basic concepts of logistics, its functions, customer service, fulfilment with electronic commerce and online payment methods.
Analytics and Metrics
One of the main advantages of digital marketing when compared to offline marketing is the ability to measure in real time the behaviour of users and, therefore, quickly and effectively assess the effectiveness of your campaigns. We will pay close attention to the Google Analytics tool, among others.
Today, entrepreneurial initiative must be in the DNA of any business that aims to grow, diversify and expand, otherwise the market will not hesitate to “swallow it whole”. Large companies have developed costly programmes for Innovation with the aim of finding the hidden entrepreneurs among their ranks that will help them step out of their comfort zone and aim for more.
It is also very common for entrepreneurs to be the ones who are looking to start their own activity, and, when the opportunity arises, start their own company. In this module we will look at the skills required to be an entrepreneur and the various stages that a startup will go through.
Master’s Final Project: e-Commerce Project
While working on your final project, you will apply all the theoretical knowledge that you will have acquired over the course of the programme and use it to build an e-commerce project. This project starts halfway through the programme so that you can devote the necessary amount of time to it, and it will be supervised by one of our lecturers in order to ensure its correct execution.
The most outstanding projects will be put forward for the Entrepreneur Award given out by the Innovation Faculty.
In addition to the themed modules from the master’s structure, as part of the programmes within the digital area at OBS you will participate in a series of webconferences alongside renowned companies from the technological and digital economics sectors. They are organised quarterly and are a perfect opportunity to share the development experience of a startup first-hand with its members.
These are specialised workshops aimed at delving into specific tools or methods which, due to their complexity or relevance, require particular focus.
These workshops are mostly practice-based and are designed so the conceptual models from the themed modules can be applied to actual situations.
- Role playing
A Role Playing activity is planned within the context of the final project. This activity takes the form of a group dynamic in which we ask you to assume the role of an investor and assess the potential acquisition of a stake in each of the projects presented by your course colleagues. This way you will become a judge and be involved with the final project.
- Entrepreneur Award
At OBS we get involved with our students so that they can realise their ideas and not just see their projects end at the Business Plan. With this aim in mind, and with the intention of supporting and promoting the final projects of the Master’s Degree in Business Innovation, the Master’s Degree in Digital Business Management and this one, the Entrepreneur Award was created, which has a value of €3,000. A panel made up of lecturers from many of OBS’ fields of knowledge will assess and decide which is the best final project from among all those submitted from all three of the programmes. Remember that there is no bigger failure than not trying.
- Discount for digital events
One of the goals of OBS’ digital programmes area is to maintain a relationship with the entrepreneurial and digital community from South America. As a result of this involvement, OBS participates as a media partner in some of the most prominent events within the sector. This secures access and preferential conditions for our students and the OBS Community.
Requirements of the Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing
The main aim of our admissions process is to ensure that the candidates are suited to the course. All students must be able to take full advantage of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop lasting connections with fellow students, teachers and the alumni.
The stages of the admissions process are as follows:
1. Prerequisites for admission
3. Personal interview
4. Cover letter
5. Admissions Committee Evaluations
Master’s Degree in Digital Marketing and Electronic Commerce Certificate
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree over four years or Bachelor’s Degree over three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed all the evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Programme Director Master in Marketing Online
- CEO at Gonefishing, beiPad.com and pezvolador.com
- MBA from IESE
- Degree in Business Administration and Management from UB
- General Manager for Europe at Vindico Group
- MBA from Stanford University
- B.A. in Business from Universidad Pontificia Comillas
- Vice-president at aDigital
- Founder and CEO at Ideup!
- Graduate in Advertising and Public Relations from Complutense University of Madrid
- Operations and Finance Manager at eShop Ventures
- Graduated in Law from Complutense University of Madrid
- Founder at Lonesome Digital
- European Market President at Alice.com
- Executive MBA from IE
- PhD in Applied Economics e-Commerce from Rey Juan Carlos University
- Graduated in General Economics from Complutense University of Madrid
- Director of Strategic Positioning at CEO SOLUTIONS
- 2.0 Advisor for companies and professionals from the industrial, financial, retail and service sector
- Master’s Degree in Marketing and Business Administration from ESEM
- PMP – PMI
- PMO in the Management of Information Technology at Standard Bank, Argentina
- Master’s Degree in Software Engineering, UNLP (National University of La Plata), Argentina
- Postgraduate Degree in Project Management, UB (University of Belgrano), Argentina
- Degree in Information Systems, UM (University of Mendoza), Argentina
- Director of Marketing and Business Development for Spain and Portugal at Zed Worldwide
- Member of AESAM (Association of Mobile Services Businesses)
- CEO at Powershopweb.com
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Ecommerce & Strategic Management from Univesity of Palermo
- Graduated in Information Systems from the University of Morón
- Corporate Development Manager at Cink Shaking Business
- UCAM Universidad Católica San Antonio de Murcia
- Auditor and Web Analyst – Information and Monitoring of Publications (OJD)
- GAIQ Certificate – Google Analytics Individual Qualification
- International Digital Marketing Consultant | SEO, SEM, Social Media Strategist
- Senior SEO/SEM Consultant at MarketValley
- Marketing Director at QualityCourses
- Google Adwords Qualified Individual
Guillermo De Haro
- Partner Managing International Expansion at GRUPO SPORA GESTION SL and AVANGROUP BUSINESS SOLUTIONS
- MBA Cum Laude from IE
- Master’s Degree in Media&Entertainment Industry from IE
- Telecommunications Engineer, specialising in Telematics, Higher Engineering School at UPV/EHU
- Dedication60 ECTS
- InitiationFebruary 2018
- Term10 months
- Price6.500 €