Online Master’s Degree in Information Systems management, Data Management and Big Data
Introduction to the Master’s Degree in Data Management and Technological Innovation
In recent years, the improvement of business efficiency has been directly related to the management of large volumes of data (Big Data) at higher speeds. Companies need to implement Data Management solutions through an integrated strategy that allows them to describe, organise, integrate, manage and utilise useful data alongside their strategy and business units.
According to Gartner, the market will need 4.4 million professionals trained in the field of Big Data by 2015.
The Master’s Degree in Data Management and Technological Innovation in Spanish from OBS is designed to provide managers and professionals (Data Manager) with the keys to managing the information systems of an organisation, with particular attention being paid to the Data Management environment and, more specifically, Big Data.
The online Master’s Degree in Big Data and Innovation is aimed at making the most of technology, in contrast to programmes that just show what the available technology allows. Technology is a tool and a service that should contribute to the achievement of the strategic objectives of a company.
Top 50 - Global Ranking Ranked N 25 in Big Data Management, Worldwide
- Private and investment banking
- Retail Companies
- General manufacturing and production
- Insurance companies
- eCommerce and Social Media
- Asset management
- Multinational companies
- Information technology companies
- Multilateral finance institutions
Aims of the Master’s Degree in Data Management and Technological Innovation
- Knowledge of what Data Management and Big Data is, their impact on organisations and the benefits that their implementation may provide
- Identifying the opportunities of Strategic Management of Information
- Becoming familiarised with the hardware and software architectures that are available in the market
- Correctly managing the legal consequences of data usage (privacy, security and data protection)
- Understanding how a Big Data project is carried out
- Knowledge of sophisticated techniques of data treatment: Analysis in real time, MPP (Massively Parallel Processing), predictive models, Web analytics, Social Networks, Social CRM
Syllabus of the Master in Data Management and Innovation
The programme is divided into 5 blocks:
- Introduction: Innovation management; Data Management.
- Big Data: The Big Data challenge; systems architecture and technology for Big Data.
- In Depth: Business Intelligence (BI) and Business Analytics (BA) aimed at Big Data; management of technological projects; Social CRM; Data Integration & Business Process Management (BPM).
- Management: Management of Technology and IT Governance; regulations in the world of data management.
- Final Project
Block 1: Introduction
> Innovation Management
This first subject rapidly introduces the student to the context of theories of innovation and its practical vision in organisations, especially in the use of data and business processes to create innovative products and services.
> Data Management
This subjects opens the door to the world of data processing in organisations and provides the ideal approach for acquiring a 360º vision of the scope of Data Management, before entering into the respective details of each area of knowledge: Information lifecycle, BI Architecture, Data Governance, Migration data and Master data.
Block 2: Big Data
> Technologies Big Data in the Business
The need of an agile management of big sets of information, proceeding from different origins and with different formats, has supposed a new need of innovation in the organizations. The appearance of the Big Data has forced to a rethinking of the strategies of business in the organizations. This module allows to understand the keys of the Big Data in the context of the business and the growth of Dates Management in general, coming to the establishment of the key questions and the answers adapted for every organization, on his problems to resolving and the existing possibilities with the management of the information.
> System’s architecture and technology for Big Data
This module reviews some of the main solutions that are being implemented both in small organisations and large corporations. We will not be employing a technological approach, instead we will share the knowledge that will enable any manager to easily work within the wide range of products and services for information management that they may need: SOA, BDAF, storage systems and capacity of data processing, affordable large memory functions, technologies specifically designed for large volumes of data, parallel processing, clustering, MPP, virtualisation, cloud computing and other flexible resource allocation systems.
Block 3: In-depth
> Business Intelligence (BI) and Business Analytics (BA) aimed at Big Data
This module will allow you to see the importance of the management of an information systems strategy that is well linked with the overall strategy of a company. This strategy, aside from specific solutions to the needs of information management for decision-making, will seek to build models that allow us to go beyond future needs and enable organisations to evolve ahead of these needs.
> Management of Technological Projects
Understand the keys to project management, recognise the culture of the organisation in this regard and know the models or methodologies that may be most suited to an innovation project: Scope of the project of technological innovation, budget, contracts and acquisitions, user training, assessment of the technological innovation project, etc.
> Social CRM
The habits of our customers have changed and therefore our relationships with them have to change too. They use social networks to get information, and get value from them, without ever needing traditional companies. The power is now in people, but companies now have means that they never would have previously imagined. In this module we will see the latest tools for interacting with customers in a different way, using the huge amount of data available to us: Mobile CRM, integral vision of the Customers, Social Media analytics, Sentiment analysis, Location Based Systems and Indoor Positioning.
> Data Integration & Business Process Management
BPM and Application Integration involves a number of concepts and tools that ensure quality and the proper functioning of all the operations of a company. Nowadays, from a strategic point of view, organisations are committed to integrated applications and process management to maximise their performance and investment in technology. This module will pay particular attention to the strategic vision of the management of data through processes and the different elements of an IT platform: SOA, lifecycle, BPM, business rules, Enterprise Services Bus and orchestration of Services.
Block 4: Management
> Management of New Technologies in the Company
The new and emergent technologies constitute an important challenge for the organizations, from the management of his incorporation, happening for the utilization of his functionalities up to the change in the business for his use. In this module we are interested in the capture of conscience with regard to the relevancy of how the technological decisions take and what paper the person in charge of the technology plays inside the management team of a company.
> Regulations in the world of data management
In this module we will review the main premises and legal consequences to be considered during the decision-making process regarding the type of technology to use and the use of the information derived from technological innovation: E-procurement, the data protection responsibilities of service providers, international regulations regarding information management and jurisdictions and international activity are reviewed.
The Final Project is an essential part of the Master’s Degree in Data Management and Technological Innovation. While working on it, you will have to take into account all the aspects that are related to the development and management of a Business Intelligence project, defining the strategic positioning of the company within its sector and designing the implementation of the measures and business policies that you consider most appropriate for achieving the goals related to the field of Data Management, both in the medium- and long-term.
- Webinars with experts
Over the course of the programme, a series of Webinars will be organised with experts in information technologies, Data Management and Innovation trends and leading software suppliers (Gartner Magic Quadrant).
Requirements of the Master in Data Management and Innovation
The main aim of our admissions process is to ensure that the candidates are ideal for the course. All the students must be able to take the maximum value out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop lasting connections with fellow students, teachers and the alumni.
These are the stages of the admissions process:
1. Prerequisites for admission
3. Personal interview
4. Cover letter
5. Admissions Committee Evaluations
Master’s Degree in Data Management and Technological Innovation Certificate
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree for four years or Bachelor’s Degree for three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed the different evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Programme Director Master in Data Management
- Business and Project Manager in Praiker IT
- PMP (PMI) Certified.
- Head of Recruitment at Telefónica I+D
- Engineer of Telecommunications from the University of the Basque Country
- Customer Strategy Analyst en Janssen Inc.
- Licenciada en Administración y Dirección Empresas e Investigación en Técnicas de Mercado (Universidad San Pablo - CEU)
- Máster en Big Data and Business Analytics, Data Scientist, Big Data and Business Analytics (CIFF Business School)
- Systems Engineer and Consultant of Information Technologies (IT) for TATA Consultancy Services (TCS) GmbH in Germany.
- Graduated in Electronic Engineering from the University Simón Bolívar (Venezuela).
- Master of Sciences (MSc) in Communication and Media Engineering from the Offenburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany.
- Head of Recruitment at Telefónica I+D
- Engineer of Telecommunications from the University of the Basque Country
Matthew Charles Alexander
- Director of Business Intelligence Projects at Isban, Grupo Santander, through the company Infoaván Soluciones, S.L.
- Diploma in Business and Marketing (UK)
- Master’s Degree in Business Intelligence (Spain)
- PMP – PMI
- Executive partner at 3D ROB, S.L.
- PMO consultant at Mier Comunicaciones, S.A.
- Doctor of Telecommunications Engineering, UPC, Barcelona
Gonzalo Cuatrecasas Freixas
- Information, Technology and Telecommunications Management at Estabanell Energia
- MBA from the University of Maryland
- Degree in Economics
Gustavo Rojas Pavez
- Chief UX and Neuromarketing Laboratory at Banco Bci
- Master’s Degree in Consumer Behaviour from UAI.
- Commercial Engineer, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from UAS.
- Interaction Design and Physical Computing from UDD
- Agile Leadership 1 (CAL) Program, Scrum Master & Product Owner certificate.
- Professor of digital strategy, research, CX / UX and web analytics Masters and Postgraduate.
- IT consultant at Ayesa Advanced Technologies
- CISM (Certified Information Security Management)
- Master’s Degree in Data Management and Technological Innovation
- Graduated in Nautical Sciences
José Luis Pallares
- Portals director at Bankia.
- Engineer in computing.
- Master’s Degree in Business Intelligence.
- Dedication60 ECTS
- InitiationMay 2019
- Term10 months
- Price6.500 €