Customer Experience Management
The digital transformation that the environment has been experimented along the last decades has been stirred up the buying process and the customer management. With the incorporation of the social networks and the digital media, the ways of catching new customers have been modified. Furthermore, the increasing offer of products has been the cause of more exigent customers. All has obligated to the companies to be reinvented or to incorporate new areas such as Costumer Experience in their daily management. The buying experience is not only the acquisition of a product or service, but is a process whose final goal is to have a loyal and satisfied costumer. In the development and management of this process, we have to have in mind the necessities, expectations, perceptions and generated emotions.
In this context, the Master in Customer Experience Management of OBS Business School has the aim of giving an answer to the growing learning necessity of these professionals who want to acquire knowledge in the area of Costumer Experience and the User Experience to be incorporated in the Innovation or Digital Transformation, Technology or Marketing Department of a company like, for example, managers of recruitment, development and earning loyalty of the customers; or to give answer also to the necessities of the entrepreneurs that want to incorporate these knowledge in their business routine. For that reasons, the programme that OBS Business School has designed include all the essential topics in the process of customer experience management.
Aims of the Master’s Degree
The Master in Customer Experience Management is designed with the goal of preparing the student for:
- Understanding and studying the behavior of a customer in different interactive contexts.
- Exploring the challenges of the marketing to manage this new context
- Understanding and managing the Omni channel in the different points of contact and interaction with the customer
- Knowing the digital technologies that take part in the relation market-brand
- Understanding what is the Neuromarketing and apply it to the costumer experience management
- Being able to lead the Costumer Experience in a company understanding the roles of the CEM and its relation with the design or development team
- Knowing the different tools that will let you to analyse the data of the Costumer Experience
- Developing the empathy
- Learning to negotiate and communicate effectively with the customer.
- Developing projects focused in the Customer Experience applying the most innovative methodologies.
- Learning how to apply basic tools of Design Thinking and the service design.
- Knowing the basic concepts of User Experience (UX)
- Director of Customer Experience
- Director of Customer Service
- Responsible for Customer Journey
- Customer Relations Consultant
- Marketing Manager
Syllabus of the Master’s Degree in Customer Experience Management
The syllabus is developed during 12 months beginning on February, May or November of every year with a diagram of 10 modules that will belong to the subject and a final project, which will be done during the year.
The structure and duration of the Master in Customer Experience Management will let us to ensure the achievement of the goals previously specified. Next you will see with more detail the modules of the programme and their content:
Module 1. Basis of CEM I
This module has as a goal introducing the student in the CEM where he will learn the business strategy, what the customer experience management is and how both concepts are integrated. Alguno de los temas abordados:
- The business strategy ¿How do we integrate the business strategy and the CX? Strategy, vision and identity
- The customer experience
- The customer experience as financing strategy
- What is the user experience (UX) and how is it integrated in the design of the CEM?
- How is the behavior of the customer in different interactive context? Which is the value that can be built?
- Where is the CEM developed? The ecosystem of the customer experience
- How is the CEM developed? Organization and unfurling of the experience and management models of the customer experience
Module 2. Basis CEM II
This module is a complement of the previous one and gives to the student knowledge about the development of a strategy based in the customer experience management.
Some of the issues are:
- Which is the result of a strategy oriented to CEM? Diagnostic of the experience, route of success or failure?
- Qualitative and quantitative investigation as insight source for understanding the perspective from the customer
- Empathy and aspects from the psychology in the orientation through the real necessities of the customer
- Qualitative investigation techniques
Module 3. Leadership and Customer Experience
This module gives to the student the key knowledge for leading the customer management.
Between the topics of the module, we find:
- The leadership focused on the customer
- The customer as strategic partner
- Loyalty of online and offline customer
- How the innovation has generated this change focused on the customer
- Design method for leading nimbly the CEM
Module 4. Brand Management
This module has as a goal showing the implication that a Brand has in the Customer Experience Management.
- What is the Brand Experience?
- Creation of an emotional bond with the brand
- Value perception
- User experience
- Brand auditory of the CEM
Module 5. The culture of the experience
This module has the goal of giving to the students the necessary knowledge for leading the cultural change in a company, and establishing a culture focused on the customer experience.
- Cultural change: creation and establishment of an experience culture
- How dealing with transformation processes in the organization and related areas.
- Design of a digital transformation plan
- Change Management: barriers and objections that affect to the behavior of the employers
Module 6. Design Thinking: Journey Mapping y Story Telling
In this module, the student is going to achieve the basic knowledge about Design Thinking and its applicability in the costumer experience management.
The main topics of this module are:
- Segmentation of costumers and experience
- Design & visual thinking
- Journey Mapping
- Story Telling
Module 7. The project management in the area of costumer experience
Leading the management of a project in the context costumer experience.
- What is the project management?
- Methodology in the project management
- Project Management of CEM and UX
- Preparing a plan of CEM y UX
Module 8. Metrics, Growth Hacking and Insights
This module has a main goal giving to the student different metrics that will offer a general and better image of the market.
The main topics are:
- Customer Experience Analytics
- Design of a blackboard related with the costumer experience
- Basic concepts of machine learning and big data as a source of data for building valuable costumer experiences
Module 9. Neuromarketing and Psychology of the Costumer
The main goal of this module is that the student learn to apply the basis of the psychology of the costumers and the tools that gives the Neuromarketing in the costumer experience management.
The issues that you will study are:
- Key concepts of Neuromarketing
- Behaviour related with emotions
- Sense and sensorial marketing
- Applications to costumer experience and UX
Module 10. Omni channel, Memorability and Digital Experience in the CEM
The goal of this module is understanding the process of digital transformation and its impact in the costumer experience management.
Some of the topics studied in this module are:
- The digital transformation and its management
- The new digital costumer
- Key concepts and techniques in the design of the user experience
- Designing the CEM for the Omni channel
- Intersection between the Omni channel and the memorability
- Inbound marketing
- Maps of digital experience
Final Project: Project of Costumer Experience Management
During 6 months, the students are going to take part in the elaboration of a development project of a strategy related with the Costumer Experience. This project must be reported to an examining board.
Along the programme, the student will have the opportunity of taking part in three workshops, whose goal is to complement the learning through the modules with more practical aspects. The available workshops are:
- Workshop of Coaching applied to the CX: empathy. This workshop has as a goal to develop the empathy of the students to be able to use this learning to the costumer experience management.
- Workshop of communication techniques and negotiation applied to the CX and UX. This workshop has the aim of giving to the students a combination of tools and knowledge used in the communication and negotiation processes developed in the context of costumer experience management.
- Workshop of applied User Experience. This workshop has the goal to teach the students in essential knowledge of UX for applying it in the design of their projects and the final project.
- Conferences, seminars and workshops
The Master in Costumer Experience Management will have some complementary activities, such as conferences, seminars and workshops, which will be organised attending to the necessities of the group.
These seminars will be taught by prestigious professionals who through videoconferences will explain their experiences and workshops to the students
Simulations and workshops
The content of the programme has a solid theoretical part to offer to the students the possibility of strengthen their skills without forgetting that the business world is developed in a social area, where the actors who make decisions are working in environment with competitors, regulators or people with different profiles. According to that, the practical part of the programme is so important and complement the theoretical learning. For that, during the course the students will attend to debates of current issues in every subject, simulations of real situations where people have to take important decisions or doing workshops analysed from an academic point of view the problems and the solutions with the methodology to solve it.
In OBS Business School we point our methodology to the development of skills, knowledge and abilities. We promote a flexible and immediate communication, stimulating an effective discussion, promoting the team work and making easier to interact with all the participants, being students, lecturers or invited professionals.
The experience of shared learning
One of the keys of learning in OBS Business School is the value of the shared experience, where the participants are the central axis. In our virtual campus, you will be able to access to all the pedagogic and technologic material, talking with lecturers and interacting with people of different sectors, debating workshops with professionals who have experiences and different points of view. In front of a case, the diversity of standpoints, capacity and experiences gives you a wider perspective.
Practical and active participation
Our methodology is based on the combination of practice and theoretical learning, demanding the active participation of the students with their opinions and point of views. The participants, besides working the available content, have to analyse and solve workshops based on real and simulated business situations.
Using the documents of reference, study cases and simulations that we offer you daily it is generated an experience full of learning, connected with the reality. In OBS Business School you are not only a spectator, you are an essential actor.
The experience of studying in OBS Business School
The connection of our students with OBS Business School is based on the wide network of people like professionals, experts, lecturers, business man and entrepreneurs who are characterised as lively, participatory and open-minded. People who are used to set out and suggest, involved with the business and social environment where they are developing their task.
The connection that you get studying with us will maintain you awake and connected with all that happens on your surroundings. Studying in OBS Business School supposes being informed of all related with your area of interest, especially on the practical contents that the staff will give you day by day. This is the value that gives you OBS Business School.
Our staff go in depth with the last trends related with your work area, being part of conversations leaded by active professionals who select the sources, reflecting with us and finally giving a practical use.
The model of evaluation has as a key axis:
- Contributing to a constant tracking of the programme
- Ensuring the learning and use of the concepts and presented procedures
- Evaluating the grade of achievement of the goals of the programme that must be traduced on skills and professional abilities.
The evaluation is continuous during all the programme, having different activities which are obligatory in every subject and that will be evaluated by the lecturer, who will inform the student of the qualification and the aspects that are able to improve.
The additional effort done by the students participating on voluntary activities and having a continuous and positive progress through every subject are also considerated aspects by the lecturers in the moment of considering a qualification as global result of use of the subject. La evaluación global del programa resulta de la media de las distintas asignaturas que lo constituyen, siendo condición indispensable que la media de las calificaciones obtenidas en las distintas asignaturas sea positiva.
iones obtenidas en las distintas asignaturas sea positiva.
Letter from Gustavo Rojas
Welcome to the Master in Costumer Experience Management of OBS Business School. It is for me a pleasure and an honor rely on with you in this Master. On behalf of the lecturers and all the employers of OBS Business School, I would like to express my gratitude to all the students who are taking part on our programme and we are at your disposal.
This Master is created with the aim of giving answer to the new challenges in the costumer experience management. These challenges requires of new points of view and the development of new feeling to look at the consumer with more detail. Increasingly, costumers choose products and services based in their routine use, in the quality of the experience and the feeling that they give.
The new companies are being renovated absorbing new tasks of management, which are taking in account the cultural changes and the orientation through the costumer as a big challenge that want to give a strategic value in every interactive opportunity as a brand.
All this new scenery is attracting new talent to help the organizations to navigate through different complexities of the interaction channels that want to get a high impact in the satisfaction and offering valuable, desired and distinguishable experiences.
The Master in Costumer Experience Management is an immersion in the key issues that all the company must live to be able to deal with the digital transformation and managing all the efforts to maximise the product and services design, focused on the living that have all the customers with the brand in every channel and point of contact, through an exceptional travel that want to satisfy all the necessities.
Every day, people are sharing more spaces in their daily life with technology as bridges to satisfy their necessities. When we make a reflection about how we are setting out the technology as interactive media through a service design that gives the desired experience to the customer, it is reformulated the traditional view of orientation to the product showed in a gondola, to a new vision where is more the important to have a connection with the history of the customer, the interaction in the context, the meaning or role of the brand in the life of people and the complex decisions of consuming using different channels.
Every person have a knowledge base don previous experience when have to take a consume decision. These are influencing in the attitude and the perception of the service that permeates more or less depending on the acceptation of the promise of the brand. According to that, the organizations are being transformed, giving to the customers a new business point of view, which is reflected on all the organisation, from the top executives through the value chain, guaranteeing consistency on the proposal of value that the final customer will receive on every point of contact, digital, physic, direct or indirect.
The challenges for the student of Master in Customer Experience Management are summarised in four: firstly, incorporating the knowledge of every discipline of the programme to get a reflexive position of the CX becoming an expert reference on the subject; secondly, learning to explore innovation opportunities for designing a customer experience that gives value and impact n people; thirdly, discover how to manage the value of a brand in every moment or context of the service through along the travel of people; and fourth, developing skills of empathy that link or become sensitive the student with the stories and necessities of the costumers to conceptualize everlasting on time, as big companies have got maintaining their leadership through a continuous renovation and design focused on people.
As students, you will have the opportunity of experimenting with the main methodologies of learning, doing during the programme, exercises of concept application, debates and analysis of workshops.
The classes will take place through our Blackboard, giving the possibility of interacting an academic, dynamic and totally adaptable to the current reality. The ability of managing virtual environments and working in faraway teams will be one of the skills that you will develop during the programme.
I give you another welcome to our Master of Customer Experience Management: an efficient, dynamic and diverse format in which I ensure that you will learn about this amazing world and develop your abilities.
Director of the Master of Customer Experience Management of OBS Business School
Requirements of the Master in Customer Experience Management
he main aim of our admissions process is to ensure that the candidates are suited to the course. All students must be able to take full advantage of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop lasting connections with fellow students, teachers and the alumni.
The stages of the admissions process are as follows:
1. Prerequisites for admission
3. Personal interview
4. Cover letter
5. Admissions Committee Evaluations
Master's Degree in Marketing and Sales Management Certificate
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree over four years or Bachelor’s Degree over three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed all the evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Programme Director Master in Customer Experience Management
Programme Director Master in Customer Experience Management
- Chief UX and Neuromarketing Laboratory at Banco Bci
- Master’s Degree in Consumer Behaviour from UAI.
- Commercial Engineer, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from UAS.
- Interaction Design and Physical Computing from UDD
- Agile Leadership 1 (CAL) Program, Scrum Master & Product Owner certificate.
- Professor of digital strategy, research, CX / UX and web analytics Masters and Postgraduate.
- Business Partner en Dico Educació
- Ha ocupado cargos de: Director adjunto en Anota, Director de Marketing en Leo, Brand Manager en Esteve
- Licenciado en Farmacia por la Universidad Complutense de Madrid
- Máster en Dirección de Empresas Farmacéuticas por el Instituto de Empresa
- Diploma en Marketing Online Management por EADA
Edgardo Ochoa Villena
Eduardo Rojas P.
- Founder and director of the Metriplica consulting firm
- Lecturer on Master’s and Postgraduate Degrees at various universities and business schools
- Graduated in Sciences and statistical techniques (data mining specialism) from the UPC
- Seminar Leader for Google Analytics, member of the Yahoo Web Analytics Consultant Network and authorised consultant of ComScore and IBM among others
- He has worked as head of information at companies such as Ogilvy, Edreams and Vueling
- Psicólogo por la Universidad de San Buenaventura, con especialización en Neuropsicología orientada a las Organizaciones.
- Doctorado en Neurociencias cognitivas y Post Doctorado en Ciencias.
Mario Sorribas Fierro
- Consultant, trainer and coach
- Mindfulness Trainer
- Member of the Executive Board of the Relational Institute Master in Marketing and Communication Management (UOC)
- Master in Organizational Development and Change Management
- Institute for Organizational Development GR (Israel)
- Degree in Humanities (UOC).
Francisco Javier Fernández
- Dedication60 ECTS
- InitiationMay 2019
- Term10 months
- Price6.500 €