Online Project Management Master
Online Master for project managers to achieve the skills on leading, planning and supervising global projects
Overview of the Master in Project Management
Current market dynamism and the companies that drive it give rise to an increasing need to manage multiple projects at once. As a result, at the Management level it is crucial to know the status of a company’s projects at all times, the scope of the projects the company is considering carrying out and the results of the projects that have been completed. The best way for businesses to do this is by ensuring the quality, skills and abilities of their Project Managers.
The Master in Project Management is designed to train professional project managers (PMP) who know how to lead, plan, organize and supervise complex and global projects, achieving set objectives in terms of results and efficiency.
REP CERTIFICATION BY PMI
OBS Business School is a Registered Education Provider (REP) certified by Project Management Institute (PMI), the world’s largest project management member association. REPs Education Providers are organizations that have been approved by PMI to help project managers achieve and maintain the Project Management Professional (PMP) ® , Program Management Professional (PgMP) ® and other PMI professional credentials. These organizations have met PMI’s rigorous quality criteria for course content, instructor qualification, and instructional design.
PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered trademark of Project Management Institute, Inc.
Professional career outlets
- Project Director
- Program Manager
- Portfolio Manager
- Program Management Office (PMO)
- Project Leader
- Manage complex projects efficiently and effectively
- Lead teams through developing leadership skills and techniques for managing human and material resources
- Start your preparation for the certification exam for Project Manager Professional (PMP) from the Project Management Institute (PMI), with the help and expertise of our team of PMP teachers which will provide you with the credits needed to register
- Gain knowledge which is practical, up to date and fully applicable to the reality of the needs of organizations in project management
- Contact an international team of teachers who currently hold leadership positions in companies that are engaged in the management of projects in different sectors
Syllabus of the Master's Degree in Project Management
All of the subjects which are defined in “A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge”, (PMBOK ® Guide) – Fifth Edition, 2013, from the Project Management Institute, will be analysed during the course, as well as other subjects essential in order to guarantee the competent development of the Project Manager. (PMBOK is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.).
Strategic Project and Business Management
- The company and company policy.
- Culture and organizational styles.
- Project management and the company.
- Organizational change projects.
- Project feasibility and profitability study.
- Areas of expertise in project management.
- Organizational structures in projects.
Project Management Framework
- The overall standard of the Guide to Project Management Fundamentals (PMBOK ® Guide)
- Project concepts, project management and operations management.
- Project life cycle and how the organization influences projects.
- Project management processes.
- Project management methodologies.
Project Scope Management
- What is project scope management?
- Gathering requirements.
- Defining the project scope.
- Creating a work breakdown structure (WBS).
- Verification and monitoring of project scope.
Project Schedule Management
- Introduction and overview.
- Identification and definition of schedule activities.
- Sequencing of schedule activities.
- Estimating the resource requirements for the activities.
- Estimating the duration of activities.
- Schedule development.
- Monitoring and controlling due dates. Monitoring the schedule.
- Software tools: MS Project. Practical exercises.
Project Cost Management
- Estimating costs.
- Preparation and approval of the project budget.
- Cost control.
- Main factors that can cause cost management fail.
Project Quality Management
- Quality planning, assurance and control.
- Quality standards applicable to projects.
- Products and/or service quality. The project’s quality plan.
- Tools and techniques for improving the process quality.
Project Risk Management
- The Project Management Institute’s project risk management methodology.
- Equipment, schedule and cost required for risk management.
- Principal risk identification techniques.
- Principal qualitative and quantitative risk analysis techniques.
- Contingency reserves and project management reserves. Budget and control.
- Software tools for risk management.
- Keys to effective project risk management.
- Financial Plan.
- Capital needs.
- Financial model.
- Financial analysis and reporting.
- Project feasibility and risk analysis.
Program Management and Project Portfolio
- Project program management
- Project portfolio management
- OPM3 standard ® (OPM3 is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.).
- Case studies.
The Human Factor: Human Resources Management, Ethics and the Project Manager
- Human Resource Planning. Recruitment and development.
- Management and leading the project team
- Personal skills: Project Manager management skills and techniques
- Social and environmental responsibility
- Professional ethics
Communication Management and the Stakeholders
- Identification of project stakeholders
- Planning project communications
- Collection, compilation and distribution of project information
- Managing expectations of the project stakeholders
Procurement Management and Legal Aspects
- Methodology procurement management.
- Procurement planning, implementation and administration.
- Contract completion.
- Supplement on contractual strategies.
- Contractual strategies or typologies according to their scope, organization, price and allocation system.
- Consulting and project management support contracts.
- Contracts between private parties, public and international procurement.
- Contract of sale.
- Lease agreement.
- Significant contract-related legal concepts.
Project Sales Management
- The project as a product to sell
- The project sale process
- Types of deals and contracts
- Tender preparation and content
- Strategic sales methodology
Integration and Knowledge Management
- Initiation and planning processes
- Execution, control, closing and support processes
- Knowledge management
- Trends in project management
Innovative Methodologies and Industry Standards in Project Management
- Agile techniques.
- IPMA approach to project management
- Project management adaption methodologies for specific sectors: construction, oil and gas, software development, maturity models, IPMA competency model for sectors.
- Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) and Tools.
- PMP Preparation: Initiation
- Project Management Game.
Project Management Institute
One of the objectives of the Master in Project Management is to prepare participants to take and pass the Project Manager Professional (PMP) certification exam from the Project Management Institute (PMI). (PMP ® is a registered trademark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.).
Final master’s degree project that requires students to complete a project as a means to implement the knowledge acquired throughout the program.
Tool presentation webinars
The Master of Project Management offers a wide and open vision of project management, training students in project management methodology regardless of the specific tools that will be used. However, the program includes presentations in the form of webinars of some tools like Microsoft Project and Palisade, not only to increase your knowledge but also to evaluate the tools’ potential and discuss possibilities for improving both the application itself and its use in business contexts with the software representatives.
During the course students will have the opportunity to become experts in the following software tools: Microsoft’s MS Project and Palisade’s @Risk. Students are required to know and have MS Excel.
Requirements of the Master's Degree in Project Management
It is necessary to have a university degree and work experience to be accepted into the programme. Work experience is most valued because it is important to share in the knowledge – gained from training and professional responsibility – which each participant contributes to the particular situations set out by the professor. In the event that someone does not have the abovementioned requirements, acceptance into the programme will be decided on by the Board.
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree for four years or Bachelor’s Degree for three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed the different evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Scholarships of the Master in Project Management
OBS is now offering candidates a Scholarship Programme with a view to encouraging continuous education of professionals, entrepreneurs and directors. To apply for one of these scholarships, which finance part of the programme, the candidates must be accepted onto the programme and comply with the specified requirements.
The Scholarship and Admissions Committee will take into account the suitability of the profile and the professional career of the candidates, the reasons given in the scholarship application letter and the professional and academic recommendations of the candidate.
Currently the following scholarships are on offer:
OBS Experience Scholarship
Objective: to advance continuous education of future professionals through OBS Methodology Online, which is registered as its own model of online education.
Requirements: candidates without previous experience in online education models and who meet the academic and curricular requirements of the programme in question.
Director Profile Scholarship
Objective: to advance managing skills in those candidates with extensive professional experience.
Requirements: scholarship for candidates with more than three years of professional experience in positions of responsibility, who wish to acquire management skills to further their professional career.
Online Business Management Scholarship
Objective: to promote the generation of companies founded on the Internet, as well as the creation of new business models based on the network and digitalisation of traditional businesses that still do not operate online.
Requirements: candidates who wish to acquire the knowledge and skills to tackle the internet and launch new digital business models, whether it is in their own company or as a director.
Programme Director Master in Project Management in English
Joan Torres Moreno
- Order Mgmt. and Distribution Competence Center Manager en Grupo Volkswagen
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Ingeniero Superior de Telecomunicación
Claustro de Profesores
Sajid Abad Garcia
- PMP – PMI
- Máster Dir. Proyectos. AEDE Business School. Madrid
- Director de Proyectos con más de 15 años de experiencia en el sector TIC.
- Postgrado Gerencia de la Empresa. Univ. Simón Bolívar. Venezuela.
- Ciencias Informática. Universidad Nueva Esparta. Venezuela.
Raúl Mario Abril
- PMP – PMI
- MPM. George Washington University. USA
- Official in European Comission. Brussels
- Doctor in Business Administration. Henley Mgt. College. UK
- EUDOKMA European PhD Certification
- Programa Desarrollo Directivo (PDD). IESE
- Master in Computer Science. UAB
- PMP – PMI
- Socio Ejecutivo de 3D ROB, S.L.
- Consultor PMO en Mier Comunicaciones, S.A.
- Doctor Ingeniero de Telecomunicación. UPC. Barcelona.
Marta Álvarez Manero
- PMP – PMI
- Directora Genaral en L3mg. Consultoría de project and construction Management.
- Master en Dirección Integrada de proyectos de construcción (MeDIP). Universidad (UPM).
- Arquitecto Superior, especialidad en Urbanismo. ETS Arquitectura de Valladolid.
- PMP – PMI
- Member of the Board of PMI Madrid Chapter. Spain
- Founding partner of PMPeople. Consultancy, training and project management tools.
- Over 15 years´ experience in Project Management and IT Consulting.
- Telecommunications Engineer. UPM. Spain
- TEPSA (Terminales Portuarias) Responsable Cta.Resultados, Seguridad, Salud, Medioambiente, personal y actividad comercial.
- IESE Business School - University of Navarra - PDD, Executive program
- PMP – PMI
- Prince2 Certified from APMG International.
- PhD. Complutense University Madrid. Spain
- MSc. Reading University. UK.
- BSc in Biology.University of Sussex. UK
Juan Claudio Guarnuccio
- PMP – PMI
- MPM. OBS/UB (Universidad de Barcelona). Barcelona.
- Socio y Vicepresidente ejecutivo de SP Consultores, S.A. Argentina.
- Consultor externo The Louis Berger Group Inc. para Latinoamérica y Caribe.
- Contador Público. UBA (Universidad de Buenos Aires). Argentina.
- PMP – PMI. PMI Volunteer Chapter 8 PMBoK
- American Society for Quality Credential. USA.
- 21 years career in Lucent Technologies/AT&T/Western Electric
- Agile Certified Practitioner. PMI-ACP.
- Certified Scrum Master. Scrum Alliance. USA
- Postgrado en Project Management. Universidad Belgrado. Argentina.
- Socia Fundadora Consultora BK. Uruguay/Argentina.
- Licenciada en Psicología. UBA. Universidad Buenos Aires. Argentina.
- PMP – PMI
- Miembro de IPMA (International Project Management Association) y AEIPRO
- Doctor Ingeniero Industrial. Universidad Oviedo.
- Master Universitario en Organización Industrial y Logística. Universidad Oviedo
- Operations&Quality Management Module. University of Plymouth. UK
- PDD Executive Development Program. IESE
- Master International Trade and Finance. UB
- BA degree at University of Buenos Aires
- Founding member of AreaExport, consulting firm specialized in SME strategy and internationalization
- Consulting in international projects funded by multilateral agencies
- Créditos60 ECTS
- InicioFebrero 2017
- Duración12 meses
- Precio8.700 €
Idioma de Impartición
- Bilingüe (Castellano/Inglés)
Master en International Business Management
Master en Project Management
Global MBA Online