Online Master’s Degree with a comprehensive approach to processes and supply chain in order to create operation’s strategies
Introduction to the Master’s Degree in Operations Management
The Master’s Degree in Operations Management in Spanish covers the development of competencies and skills and the acquisition of knowledge that is aligned with the new challenges that the globalised world requires from new directors.
The important global changes that are currently affecting the world mean that supply chains, which are increasingly global, play a key role in the competitiveness of enterprises, as they are considered an essential element in their differentiation. Supply chains are no longer a cost centre and have become an engine of competitive advantages for businesses, through value-added services, agility in adapting to the changing environment and innovation.
The Master’s Degree in Operations Management from OBS, teached in Spanish, was created in response to this change of paradigm. Through it, you will receive a comprehensive approach to processes in an expanded company, the influence on processes of strategic business decision-making, analytical skills that will help you when problem solving, leadership techniques, you will also learn strategies for minimising risks to the uncertainty of the environment. The position of Manager of Operations is one of the best paid in logistic activities according to the II ICIL Study on Logistics Salaries.
In addition, the Master’s Degree in Operations Management from OBS is complemented by conferences, seminars and workshops taught by renowned professionals who will describe their experiences and case studies for the students.
- Manager of Operations
- Senior consultant in Operations
- Manager of logistics operators or any other agent in the Supply Chain
- Head of the distribution centre
- Head of warehouses
Aims of the Master’s Degree in Operations Management
- Developing managerial skills and competencies that enable the leadership and management of high-performance multifunctional and multicultural teams
- Developing a solid Operations strategy that has maximum consistency with the strategies of the other functional areas of the company
- Designing, managing and controlling critical business processes through the management of continuous improvement techniques, either in industrial or service companies
- Providing effective abilities for the development of negotiation processes with suppliers and customers
- Developing analytical and problem solving capabilities inherent to a supply chain which needs to operate in an uncertain and changing environment
- Promoting technologies that allow an increase in the value of the processes that directly affect the value of companies
Syllabus of the Master’s Degree in Operations Management
The programme lasts 12 months, it is comprised of a total of 10 modules, divided into 3 blocks and a final project that is developed during the course. In addition, several complementary training activities are developed such as workshops, seminars, workshops, simulations, all of which complement the academic content through practise with real situations.
Globalisation, Business Strategy and Operations Strategy
> New Scenarios: Challenges and Opportunities
Analysis of the current globalisation process from three points of view: commercial, financial and productive, its short- and medium-term effects and future challenges that may arise. Short- and medium-term scenarios will be explored and will form a dynamic map of new opportunities and international business areas.
> Operations Strategy, Leader in Business Strategy
The importance of designing, deploying and implementing a formalised strategy throughout the whole supply chain, one that is aligned with the company’s strategy, in order to guide the decisions that will allow the company to optimally face the new challenges of the market and develop their sustainable competitive advantage in some operations that support their winning factors.
> Operations Management Game: Decision-Making
The Operations Management Game will allow you to assess the quality of your strategic and operational decisions in light of the results obtained.
Strategic Synergies with Functional Areas
> Demand Orientation through Flexible Operations
Mastering techniques of risk analysis and planning and demand management, which should allow you to generate and meet accurate forecasts and adapt them to the growth strategy of the company and to a dynamic environment that requires flexibility in all processes of the organisation.
> Financial Supply Chain Management
Providing capabilities for the making of operational decisions and critical investments, as well as for using the most appropriate cost analysis tools, which will be decisive in achieving the objectives that are linked to the efficiency of the value chain of the company.
> Emerging Technologies and Information Systems
Introduction to emerging technologies that offer a complete view of the supply chain as well as those that will allow the development of new highly-collaborative and automated business models.
> Talent Management and Managerial Skills
Appropriately managing the professional career of our talent is a challenge that requires new competencies, skills and knowledge acquisition that is aligned with the new challenges that this globalised world creates.
Supply Chain Management and Future Trends
> Supply Chain Management
Comprehensive approach to the entire supply chain where the mission of Operations Management will be to design the Supply Chain, and to lead and align the various actors in the Supply Chain.
> Logistics Operators. From Tactical to Strategic Outsourcing
Logistics outsourcing and the entry into the market of global logistics operators that are changing the foundations of international logistics.
> Innovation and New Challenges
Introduction to the main trends that characterise the supply chain in the medium and long term, taking into account global transformations. Identifying the ways that companies must transform their Operations through the two major levers of competitiveness: innovation and internationalisation.
Producing an Operations Management final project. This is a key element in the development of the Master’s course and is intended to allow the application and reinforcement of the knowledge acquired during the course to an Operations Management project.
The final project will require the use of a simulator to make strategic decisions and will include a written part that will be delivered at the end of the programme, as well as a presentation in front of a panel where the team will present their project for assessment.
Requirements of the Master in Operations Management
The main aim of our admissions process is to ensure that the candidates are ideal for the course. All the students must be able to take the maximum value out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop lasting connections with fellow students, teachers and the alumni.
These are the stages of the admissions process:
1. Prerequisites for admission
3. Personal interview
4. Cover letter
5. Admissions Committee Evaluations
Master’s Degree in Operations Management Certificate
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree for four years or Bachelor’s Degree for three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed the different evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Scholarships for the Master’s Degree in Operations
OBS is now offering candidates a Scholarship Programme with a view to encouraging continuous education of professionals, entrepreneurs and directors. To apply for one of these scholarships, which finance part of the programme, the candidates must be accepted onto the programme and comply with the specified requirements.
The Scholarship and Admissions Committee will take into account the suitability of the profile and the professional career of the candidates, the reasons given in the scholarship application letter and the professional and academic recommendations of the candidate.
Currently the following scholarships are on offer:
OBS Experience Scholarship
Objective: to advance continuous education of future professionals through OBS Methodology Online, which is registered as its own model of online education.
Requirements: candidates without previous experience in online education models and who meet the academic and curricular requirements of the programme in question.
Director Profile Scholarship
Objective: to advance managing skills in those candidates with extensive professional experience.
Requirements: scholarship for candidates with more than three years of professional experience in positions of responsibility, who wish to acquire management skills to further their professional career.
Online Business Management Scholarship
Objective: to promote the generation of companies founded on the Internet, as well as the creation of new business models based on the network and digitalisation of traditional businesses that still do not operate online.
Requirements: candidates who wish to acquire the knowledge and skills to tackle the internet and launch new digital business models, whether it is in their own company or as a director.
Programme Director Master in Operations Direction and Innovation
- Director Proyectos de innovación en procesos. ACC10.
- Master Executive en Supply Chain Management. UPC.
- Ingeniero en Organización Industrial. UPC
Dr. Antoni Fita
- Person in Charge of the Research and Statistical Analysis Area in the Agency for Business Competitiveness (ACCIÓ).
- Doctor of Economics from the University of Barcelona.
- Master’s Degree in Commerce and International Finances from the University of Barcelona.
- Lecturer at various universities such as the University of Barcelona.
- Person in charge of the Performance Management Business Unit at SDG Consulting España.
- Associate lecturer in the department of company management at the Polytechnic University of Catalonia.
Raimon Serrahima Formosa
- Consultant in Company Financial Management at R. Serrahima Formosa.
- Expert Economist at R. Serrahima.
- Degree in Economic sciences and business from UB.
- HR consultant at companies with prominent innovative character.
- Consultant in Addvante, Ribé Salat and the technological centre Cetemmsa.
- Master’s Degree in HR management from the UOC and a Postgraduate degree in Work relationships from CEF.
- Partner consultant at Expense Reduction Analysts, specialising in reducing costs.
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration. SDA Bocconi School of Management.
- Engineer in Industrial Organisation. University of Padua.
- Professional career linked to Supply Chain area in Natursoy, Artiach, Europastry and Accenture.
- Degree in Physical Sciences from the University of Barcelona.
- Master’s Degree in Operations Management from ESADE.
- Dedication60 ECTS
- InitiationMay 2017
- Term12 months
- Price5.800 €
Master in Supply Chain Management & Logistics
Master in Systems Management
Master in Production Direction and Industrial Processes