Master’s Degree in international business and settlement in foreign markets
Introduction to the Online Master’s Degree in International Business
Globalisation has generated increasingly segmented and competitive markets, and therefore the internationalisation of companies and their settlement in foreign markets is key to expanding their business. Strengthening the use of information technologies, dealing with expansion in their operations and generating change in the culture of the company are key factors.
In the Master’s Degree in International Business in Spanish we train you to be a professional with international vision, capable of managing companies on their way towards internationalisation or that operate abroad. A professional that masters financial, strategic and management environments in which international business takes place.
With the postgraduate degree in International Business from OBS-UB, you will acquire the necessary competencies and knowledge to successfully face the changes in business internationalisation processes and efficient strategic management, as well as increasing your competitiveness and international employability.
Career Prospects of the Master’s Degree in International Business
- Import and export companies
- International Banking
- Manufacturing and services industry
- International transport companies
- Regulatory bodies
- Technological sector
- International logistics management companies
- International trade companies
- Consultancy firms
- Infrastructure management
- Multilateral institutions
- Non-Governmental Organisations
Aims of the Master’s Degree in International Business
- Critically analysing and assessing complex issues in a globalised, dynamic and changing corporate environment
- Describing the relevant economic-financial indicators and business models applicable to decision-making
- Understanding the intercultural complexities of international management and ethically managing institutional agreements
- Recognising the needs of international customers and developing global marketing strategies
- Planning growth strategies for international businesses
- Discovering the economic analysis tools and identifying the challenges and opportunities of globalisation
- Applying knowledge of new technologies and information systems that are applicable to international trade and the management of international operations
- Developing commercial negotiation skills and techniques at an international level
- Identifying the different variables that affect the creation of commercial networks and the impact of logistics as a resource for the trade activity
- Managing the tax consequences of commercial operations at an international company
Syllabus of the Master’s Degree in International Business
INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
> Integration and international economic environment
This subject focuses on the analytical approach to the global corporate environment. As a student, you will actively learn through real cases, problem solving and concept applications. The course will provide you with the opportunity to develop skills in comparative and country analysis, to understand the most important macroeconomic indicators, assess the main management risks and identify business opportunities.
> Administration and Innovation of International Companies
In this unit you will examine the factors that enable companies to achieve and maintain competitive advantages in an international environment, through the identification of opportunities, the creation of capabilities and the development of new technologies and methods of organisation.
> Global Marketing
The objective of the Global Marketing subject is to offer you an analytical and conceptual framework aimed at decision-making and creating and executing marketing programmes at a worldwide level. Many topics will be dealt with in this subject, such as internationalisation possibilities, selecting foreign markets, developing a global marketing programme and applying and controlling a global marketing programme.
> International financial management
We will provide you with a basis for understanding international finances and the basic options of financial management for companies in global markets. You will get to know the responsibilities of the financial directors at multinational companies or companies with multinational subsidiaries, suppliers or markets of international products.
> Cross-Cultural Management
This subject is designed to develop you as a global business leader. You will deal with the main management items that companies face when doing business at an international level.
INTERNATIONAL TRADE MANAGEMENT
> Global E-Business Strategies
We offer you a general vision of e-business management in a globalised worldwide economy. The items dealt with include technologies that support e-commerce; the different e-commerce models and their applications; security problems; electronic payment systems; legal and ethical issues; global matters in digital management; design and implementation and the strategy to apply to an e-business.
> Global entrepreneurship
You will acquire knowledge of the tools that are necessary to fully understand the entrepreneurial process in globalised markets. The course focuses on recognising and searching for global business opportunities, the viability assessment of new companies and the expertise required to manage growing businesses.
> International trade management
Trade management is the most key international activity, especially for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). This course includes theory and practice for importation and exportation management. The main items dealt with are commercial planning, the management of intermediaries (including legal affairs) and financial risks and management.
> Global Supply Chain Management
In this subject you will develop the capacity to conceptualise, design and implement supply chains that are aligned with the characteristics of the product, the market and the customers. You will assess how information technologies, dynamic markets and globalisation have an impact on the strategies and practices of a supply chain, including logistics, digital coordination of decisions and resources, management of risks and inventory, purchase management and contracting suppliers, product design and processes and management of income.
> International trade negotiation
You will understand the theory of negotiation as it is practised in a wide range of strategic and international scenarios. The objective is to help you to feel comfortable and confident with the negotiation process. The course is designed to be relevant to a wide range of negotiation problems which directors face, but we use specific examples of international strategy, such as mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures. We offer you the opportunity to develop skills through experience and to understand negotiation within a conceptual and analytical framework that is useful for international trade management.
> International Business Simulation
International Business Simulation is the subject that will conclude the program. We offer you the opportunity to apply the knowledge acquired throughout the course by putting your international management skills into practice and playing the role of a category manager for an important consumer goods company. The simulation will take place in English to add to this idiomatic competence, indispensable in an environment of international business.
The Trading with workshops deal with specific aspects of how to do business or render services in different regions of the world. They are focused on the economic and cultural idiosyncrasies of each society, their culture and subculture and their influence on commercial relationships. These workshops also deal with items related to protocols and etiquette in business, as well as how easy it is to do business in these regions of the world. Among the specific items dealt with, we can find the regional trade blocks, advantages and challenges in doing business in such countries, guidelines for investors and entrepreneurs, case studies, etc.
Requirements of the Master in International Business
The main aim of our admissions process is to ensure that the candidates are ideal for the course. All the students must be able to take the maximum value out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop lasting connections with fellow students, teachers and the alumni.
These are the stages of the admissions process:
1. Prerequisites for admission
3. Personal interview
4. Cover letter
5. Admissions Committee Evaluations
Master’s Degree in International Business Certificate
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree for four years or Bachelor’s Degree for three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed the different evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Scholarships for the Master in International Business
OBS is now offering candidates a Scholarship Programme with a view to encouraging continuous education of professionals, entrepreneurs and directors. To apply for one of these scholarships, which finance part of the programme, the candidates must be accepted onto the programme and comply with the specified requirements.
The Scholarship and Admissions Committee will take into account the suitability of the profile and the professional career of the candidates, the reasons given in the scholarship application letter and the professional and academic recommendations of the candidate.
Currently the following scholarships are on offer:
OBS Experience Scholarship
Objective: to advance continuous education of future professionals through OBS Methodology Online, which is registered as its own model of online education.
Requirements: candidates without previous experience in online education models and who meet the academic and curricular requirements of the programme in question.
Director Profile Scholarship
Objective: to advance managing skills in those candidates with extensive professional experience.
Requirements: scholarship for candidates with more than three years of professional experience in positions of responsibility, who wish to acquire management skills to further their professional career.
Online Business Management Scholarship
Objective: to promote the generation of companies founded on the Internet, as well as the creation of new business models based on the network and digitalisation of traditional businesses that still do not operate online.
Requirements: candidates who wish to acquire the knowledge and skills to tackle the internet and launch new digital business models, whether it is in their own company or as a director.
Programme Director Master in International Business
- Master of Business Administration, University of St. Thomas (Houston, Texas).
- Máster en Dirección de Marketing y Gestión Comercial. ESIC (Madrid, España).
- Licenciado en Psicología Clínica e Industrial. UCV (Caracas, Venezuela).
- Consultant and Coach at Maite Rico Escofet
- Consultant and trainer (especially for the pharmaceutical industry) TEAM 2000, S.L.
- Postgraduate Degree in Economics and Business Management from the UAB
- Degree in Workplace Psychology from UAB
Ralph Michaud Haro
- Senior manager of Courier at Copa Airlines
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) from IE Business School (Spain).
- Engineer of Computing and Systems from the University San Martín de Porres (Peru)
Marta Prado Larburu
- Managing Director (Co-founder) at INCOTRANS® – International Business Advisors
- PhD in Transnational Trade Law, University of Deusto
- MBA, IE (Instituto de Empresa)
- Degree in Law & Specialism in Economics, International Business, Trade, and Tax Law, University of Deusto
- Digital Strategy Chief at InkaFarma
- MBA, Management and Strategy. Monterrey Institute of Technology
- Engineering and IT Degree, Pontifical Catholic University of Peru
- Marketing Communications Professional
- Marketing Communications Manager at UNIPOST
- Graduate of Laurea University of Applied Sciences in Helsinki (Finland)
- Partner at Savior Venture Capital
- PhD, Doctor in Economics. National Distance Education University – U.N.E.D.
- MBA, INSEAD
- Degree in Law and Economic Sciences and Business Administration, Universidad Pontificia Comillas
Santiago Tintoré Codina
- Sales Development Manager, Grupo Danone
- Degree and MBA in Business Administration and Management, ESADE
- Dedication60 ECTS
- InitiationMay 2017
- Term12 months
- Price5.800 €
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
Global MBA online
Master in Innovation and Entrepreneurship
Master in Market Research