Online Master’s Degree in human resources, retention of talent, recruitment and leadership
Introduction to the Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management
Nowadays, the Management of Human Resources faces many challenges. The management and administration of Human Resources can have many approaches. This postgraduate course aims to present all these possibilities and provide you with a global view so that you can respond to the needs and challenges in the market. One of the aspects we will focus on will be how developing talent and internalising changes can lead an organisation to grow.
The Human Resources Director needs to be able to lead a department that is interlinked with all the business operations of a company by designing strategies and policies of human resources management that are aligned with the strategic vision of the company. At the same time, HR Management needs to constantly adapt to the changes in its surrounding environment.
At OBS Business School we will show you the tools and provide you with the training you need to become a human resources manager who is qualified to detect talent within an organisation, recruit new members and, above all, apply the best policies for retaining said talent. You will also obtain the skillset required to assume the role of internal consultant within an organisation so that you can further develop the skills of those who will be making operational decisions. As a Human Resources Director you will not be alone, and we will show you several management tools so you can use them to hire the services of consultants specialising in aspects related to the management of Human Resources.
In the Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management in Spanish from OBS we develop the essential technical knowledge that you need as the Manager of a department, while you also acquire the necessary management skills that will allow you to successfully manage your human resources.
The programme will help you design HR management and administration lines of action that are focused on obtaining effective results from three perspectives:
- The role of a manager of a company’s human resources, leading processes for change and organisational development.
- Human resources management within the structure of the organisation, getting the entire hierarchy involved with the company’s strategy.
- The techniques and tools at our disposal, using multiple techniques for the management and development of Human Resources.
Career Prospects of the Master’s degree in HR:
- HR Director
- Teams and people management
- Consultant in HR and talent development
- Expert in recruitment and team leadership
Aims of the Master’s Degree
- Knowing, understanding and analysing the strategic view of human resources with the support of evidence analysis.
- Acquiring the knowledge required in order to implement the main Human Resources policies: Recruitment, Training, Remuneration.
- Determining the new functions and the role of a Human Resources Director.
- Developing the managerial skills and subsequent competencies required for leading the necessary changes within an Organisation.
- Promoting the possibilities that technology offers through 2.0 Human Resources management.
- Enabling a transition from group work to team work.
- Knowing how to detect, develop and retain the talent of an organisation.
- Designing an appropriate culture and organisational structure.
- Knowing how to appropriately use the internal communication techniques required for maintaining internal cohesions and conveying strategic objectives correctly.
- Knowing the ethical values of the department and putting the corresponding SCR mechanisms into practice.
Syllabus of the Master’s Degree in Human Resources
The programme unfolds over twelve months, and is comprised of a ten-module structure and a final project that is worked on throughout the year.
Strategic Management of Human Resources
This programme will help you to understand the importance of the design of a human resources strategy and its implementation within an organisation. Following an internal and external analysis of the company, you will be able to define the type of strategy and processes that should be followed when making decisions, where being able to deliver tangible results becomes extremely important. In this block you will learn to design, implement, measure and improve the key indicators that will give us a balanced scorecard of human capital.
Values and Organisational Culture
In this block you will learn the origins of values, the best way to define them and the keys for implementing them, which will result in a balanced culture. We will also focus on the mission and vision of the company from its content and credibility. To enable you to do all of this, you will learn the various ways of understanding an organisation and the benefits of having a well-defined culture.
The New Role of a HR Director
You will reflect on the role of a human resources director in companies of the future. And you will learn how to move towards a vision of the management of human resources from perspectives that are as varied as they are complementary to one another, like that of a strategic partner, promoter of organisational transformations, discoverer and promoter of talent, facilitator of effective skills training, definer of value indicators that can be measured and analysed from a financial perspective.
Analysis of Competencies for Detecting and Retaining Talent. Performance and Career Plans
Management of competencies is a reality in most organisations. This is why at OBS you will learn to define the competences required for a position so that you can detect and attract talent. You will also learn how to carry out a company-wide competency-based analysis that will allow you to detect potential and better orient continuous training. The need to design career plans and carry out periodical appraisals is inherent to any competency-based system.
2.0 Recruitment and Human Resources
By analysing and writing job descriptions you will identify, understand, define and document the real scope and impact of positions within organisations. Through the assessment of positions, you will establish their relative value within an organisation and, based upon this information, you will be able to implement the most fitting Human Resources policies. The basic aims of the assessment of job positions mostly focus on professional categorisation and the determination of compensation scales.
We will look at the opportunities that Social Media provides for human resources departments. We will become familiar with the tools, language and possibilities that are changing the role of Human Resources from within the company. We will learn how recruitment and training programmes based on 2.0 technologies are developed.
Currently, companies are aware of the fact that their success largely depends on having professionals who are highly trained and competitive within their sector, and who are able to quickly adjust to new situations within the market and offer an efficient response in the face of new demands. Taking this into account, training and its management through training plans becomes one of the main management tools used to guarantee that a company’s human resources won’t become obsolete.
Competency development workshop
This module has been designed to complement the content of the subject blocks with the training required in order to internalise the managerial role.
Training is understood from three points of view: it starts from technical assistance, provides you with individualised support as a participant and, lastly, asks you to reflect on those individual or group challenges that are required to achieve the set goals.
Throughout the workshop, the level of advancement in the development of resources and potential related to the management of human resources will be measured, and any improvement measures that are required will be put in place.
Compensation and Benefits. Emotional Salary
In this subject we will show you how employee compensation needs to be managed in this day and age. Compensation packages are becoming more and more diversified, and also include essential elements such as reconciliation, performance management and recognition, as well as development and career opportunities.
Planning and Management of Projects from the HR Department
The HR department often needs to create projects and monitor their day-to-day management. Recent changes in the models of people management have led to management by objectives and projects. Even the structure of the organisation needs to be adjustable to group work through the establishment of work groups.
This subject will cover project management tools that also require the building of teams from groups.
Marketing and HR Communication
Understanding what a company’s stakeholders are like through traditional marketing tools allows the Human Resources director to prepare messages, effectively segment audiences and choose the most effective communication channels. Communicating strategic goals well will allow you to analyse them better and develop a culture unique to the company.
This subject will allow you to develop an Internal Communication plan that is consistent with the strategy and unifies all stakeholders.
Diversity, SCR and Coaching
Social Corporate Responsibility (SCR) has become integrated with the strategy of organisations, from a corporate as well as a business perspective. In its considerations, it includes all the diverse groups of interest. At the same time, SCR has become a strong catalyst of change and orientation towards organisational creativity. SCR has an impact on multiple areas within organisations, which is the why it often falls under Human Resources Management.
This programme will provide you with an integrated view of SCR and its strategies and actions within organisations, from various implemented models. Among them, the most basic tool stands out: Management of Diversity. This tool also approaches coaching as a device for managing change, and is oriented towards understanding the Individual from a global perspective.
Master’s Degree Final Project: Describing the Specific Reality of a Company
In your master’s degree final project, you will put into practice all the knowledge you have acquired over the course of the programme. You will use a method that involves the entire cross section of your learning in order to consolidate the skills you have acquired in a practical way as you describe the specific reality of a company. Your goal will be to find an organisation that will cooperate in the execution of the project, which you will adjust to their needs, you will also write an academic reflection on the project. This project will be guided by a supervisor and will be presented before a panel.
The Master in management of Human Resources of OBS Business School prepares the studient to obtain the certification aPHR® and PHRi® granted by the Institute of Certification of Human Resources (HRCI), trough the subjects that integrate the program.
The red-and-purple HR design, HR CERTIFICATION INSTITUTE, aPHR, PHR, PHRca, GPHR, SPHR, PHRi, and SPHRi are trademarks or registered trademarks of Human Resource Certification Institute, Inc. in the U.S. and other countries. Used Under License.
The HR Certification Institute® (HRCI®) does not endorse any particular preparation program or offering. We encourage prospective certification holders to use a variety of resources that reflect their learning styles and needs. Purchasing a certification product is NOT required and HRCI does not guarantee that an individual will pass based on the purchase of a certification preparation product.
Requirements of the Master’s Degree in HR
The main aim of our admissions process is to ensure that the candidates are ideal for the course. All the students must be able to take the maximum value out of this learning experience, through a context in which it is possible to develop lasting connections with fellow students, teachers and the alumni.
These are the stages of the admissions process:
1. Prerequisites for admission
3. Personal interview
4. Cover letter
5. Admissions Committee Evaluations
Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management Certificate
The people who pass the programme evaluation and comply with the academic requirements, established by the University of Barcelona (UB), will receive a UB qualification.
In order to obtain a UB qualification, you need to have a University Degree (Engineer’s Degree, Bachelor’s Degree for four years or Bachelor’s Degree for three years). If you do not have a University Degree, once you have passed the different evaluations you will receive an extension diploma from UB.
Scholarships for the Master in Human Resources Management
OBS is now offering candidates a Scholarship Programme with a view to encouraging continuous education of professionals, entrepreneurs and directors. To apply for one of these scholarships, which finance part of the programme, the candidates must be accepted onto the programme and comply with the specified requirements.
The Scholarship and Admissions Committee will take into account the suitability of the profile and the professional career of the candidates, the reasons given in the scholarship application letter and the professional and academic recommendations of the candidate.
Currently the following scholarships are on offer:
OBS Experience Scholarship
Objective: to advance continuous education of future professionals through OBS Methodology Online, which is registered as its own model of online education.
Requirements: candidates without previous experience in online education models and who meet the academic and curricular requirements of the programme in question.
Director Profile Scholarship
Objective: to advance managing skills in those candidates with extensive professional experience.
Requirements: scholarship for candidates with more than three years of professional experience in positions of responsibility, who wish to acquire management skills to further their professional career.
Online Business Management Scholarship
Objective: to promote the generation of companies founded on the Internet, as well as the creation of new business models based on the network and digitalisation of traditional businesses that still do not operate online.
Requirements: candidates who wish to acquire the knowledge and skills to tackle the internet and launch new digital business models, whether it is in their own company or as a director.
Programme Director Master in HHRR Management
- Director del Departamento de Sociología y Análisis de las Organizaciones de la Universidad de Barcelona
- Doctor en Sociología
- Máster en Dirección de RRHH y Consultoría en las Organizaciones
- Postgrado en Economía de la Salud
- Licenciado en Psicología Industrial
Lorenzo Muriel Redondo
- PARTNER at Metabolic Energy Training System (METS) and at Creativialab
- ICF certified coach
- Official Master’s Degree in Control and Strategic Planning for General Management
- Currently completing his PhD at UPC, Business Administration department; PhD Subject: Creating a method for generating optimism in Human Resources
- Degree in Law
- Director General at ValueCreation
- PhD in Anthropology from Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)
- Degree in Journalism from Complutense University of Madrid (UCM)
Jordi Colobrans Delgado
- Consultant in Business Innovation and Company Culture from i2Cat, i2Health
- PhD in Sociology from the University of Barcelona (UB)
- Degree in Anthropology from the University of Barcelona (UB)
- Public Relations Director at RTVE and Board member at EFE Agency
- Degree in Business Management and Administration from ESERP Business School
- University Diploma in Business Sciences from University of Barcelona
- Executive Director at ANEXA Consultoría
- Lecturer of Strategic Planning, Economic Environment Analysis and Competitive Structure at EAE Business School
- Lecturer of Human Capital and Knowledge Management and Strategic Planning at Camilo José Cela University
- Master’s Degree in Management of Information and Knowledge within Organisations from the Open University of Catalonia (UOC)
- PhD in Philosophy from Complutense University of Madrid (UCM)
- Freelance consultant in Human Resources Management and Development
- Expert in Assessment Centres and Executive Skills
- Postgraduate degree in Executive Development from IESE
- Degree in Psychology from University of Panama
- HR Director at Clínica Nuestra Señora del Remedio in Barcelona
- Master’s Degree in Labour Relations from the Polytechnic University of Barcelona (UPC)
- Master’s degree in Management and Administrations of Human Resources in Companies from the University of Barcelona (UB)
- Master’s Degree in HR Management from EAE
- Degree in Law and Diploma in Labour Relations
Roser Santamaria Bosch
- Consultant and Coach in Entrepreneurial Processes at CitiLab
- Expert in Social Innovation
- Master’s Degree in HR from the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)
- Degree in Sociology from the University of Barcelona (UB)
- Dedication60 ECTS
- InitiationJune 2017
- Term12 months
Master in Project Management
Master in Corporate Communications Management
Global MBA online